Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Winners Drawn!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > NZ Hopped Belgian Golden Strong - recipe suggestions/comments?
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 06:35 PM   #1
FourSeasonAngler
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
 
FourSeasonAngler's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Oswego, IL
Posts: 473
Liked 76 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Default NZ Hopped Belgian Golden Strong - recipe suggestions/comments?

Batch size - 11 gal
All-Grain
Est. OG - 1.086
Est. FG - 1.013
Est. IBU - 37
Est. ABV - 9.7
Est. SRM - 5
Mash Temp - 154F
Batch Sparge to 12.25 gal
Boil 60 min.
Brewhouse efficiency - 77%

14 lb ~ Briess 2 Row Malt
8 lb ~ Sugar, Table (Sucrose)
5 lb ~ Pilsner Malt
2 lb ~ Briess Munich 10L

FWH - 1 oz Motueka pellet 7.2% AA
FWH - 1 oz Zythos pellet 9.4% AA
5 min - 3 oz Motueka
5 min - 3 oz Zythos
1 min/Flameout - 2 oz Motueka
1 min/Flameout - 2 oz Zythos
Dry hop 7 days 2 oz Motueka/2 oz Zythos

Yeast - WYeast 3522 Belgian Ardennes (3L starter)

Aeration - 2 min pure O2 at pitch.
Pitch temp - 64F
Ferment start 64F ramped to 72F at completion

2 lbs (25%) of table sugar to be added to boil, with the remaining 6 lbs (75%) to be added to fermentation at or after high krausen.


__________________
Why is the home brew always gone?
FourSeasonAngler is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Belgian Golden Strong Recipe dgoldb1 Recipes/Ingredients 31 12-24-2012 02:41 PM
Help with Belgian Golden Strong Recipe - 3 Gallon Partial Mash BrotherBock General Beer Discussion 2 10-31-2012 09:03 PM
Comments/suggestions on ESB/Strong Ale recipe Randonneur Recipes/Ingredients 1 02-05-2012 01:18 AM
Recipe critiique need..belgian strong golden ale..brewing tomorrow! Gritsak Recipes/Ingredients 11 03-16-2010 05:55 PM
Recipe Help: Belgian Golden Strong Ale ColoradoXJ13 Recipes/Ingredients 12 11-08-2008 01:33 AM


Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS