I figure an intro is a great way to commemorate my 250th post.
I'm Kyle, live in Southside, and have been brewing on and off since 2002. I got started brewing with friends at Carnegie Mellon, and was an "assistant drinker"
for the first few years.
Despite what my handle implies I don't use duct tape on brewing equipment (I've been known to abuse the Teflon variety). I do have a history of "Macgrubering" my equipment on solo brew days, so most of my posts start with "you really don't want to do that, here's why, and here's what I've seen as a workaround." Trial and error(s) for the win
. I've also joined up with a few other "forgetful brewers" in the city to try and stomp out stupidity in our processes (yes, we actually have SOPs)!
My objectives for 2013 are:
- Limit further brewing disasters until I'm married
- Stop tinkering with hot side equipment until i get fermentation temps under control
- Get a cadence going on hops and grain buys in the area
- Set up nitrogen flushing equipment
- Eliminate those pesky auto-correct errors that accompany iPhone app posts (grrrrrr)
- Use multiple-entendre in posts (two ways just isn't enough) whenever other members provide an opportunity!
Thanks to everyone who's put up with my learning curve so far (and the obnoxious iPhone auto-corrects).
Best Regards and Happy New Year!