should I be using a glass carboy as the primary fermented? - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > should I be using a glass carboy as the primary fermented?

Old 01-07-2013, 01:52 AM   #11
Nov 2012

I actually use those two cleaners and do not rinse. Is their a chance that I could be using too much of that product?

Old 01-07-2013, 06:37 AM   #12
Nov 2008
Conroe, TX.
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I've had issues with the same off favors in the past but have managed to do away with it for awhile now. I now keg most batches and I have never had the plastic off flavor in my keg. I got rid of plastic fermenters, vinyl tubing, plastic racking canes, etc. I use stainless steel or glass where I can. All my hoses are now hi temp silicon. I do still use a cooler as a mash tun though. I use star San religiously and clean everything very well prior to storage. I pay close attention to ferm temps and oxygenation now too. Been making some darn good beer!!!! Good luck.

"Hell, it aint rocket surgery"
Originally Posted by ChshreCat View Post
Beer should never enter a septic system until it's had a trip through the kidneys first. :D