If I re-lived life I'be a hippy. - Page 9 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > If I re-lived life I'be a hippy.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:27 AM   #81
statu
Recipes 

Jun 2012
Escazu, Costa Rica
Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts

Happy Individual Person Pursuing Individual Enlightenment

Humboldt Institute for Philosophical and Political Investigation and Enlightenment

Old 01-03-2013, 09:30 AM   #82
45_70sharps

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Raymond, Washington
Liked 172 Times on 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post

I like that one.

Hey people! Is there something wrong with love and peace?

I'm not a smurfing hippy but can understand the whole movement. As far as I know, the hippy's were born in the sixties, or maybe teens in the sixties.
The problem is that there is no such thing as peace without force.
Without a strong military on our side we would have ended up at war with Russia.
Without strength at home the thugs would rule the street.

Peace the way hippies see it only works if everybody on earth wants to play that way, and since man has been around there have always been people that you needed defended against.

We all want a peaceful life, but without brave young people defending that way of life it simply can't happen.

To be a hippie you have to abandon a lot of reality about the world.

On tap
Black Butte clone

In secondary
Pumpkin ale

In primary
Honey wit

Up next.. Firestone Union Jack clone

jhoneycutt Likes This 
Old 01-03-2013, 09:39 AM   #83
statu
Recipes 

Jun 2012
Escazu, Costa Rica

You need war in order to have peace. Just like good needs evil to exist. Just like you need bad beer in order to have good beer other wise they all would taste the same.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #84
Dan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2010
Makakilo, Hawaii
Liked 2196 Times on 1377 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45_70sharps View Post
We all want a peaceful life, but without brave young people defending that way of life it simply can't happen.

To be a hippie you have to abandon a lot of reality about the world.

So why can't the world abandon reality? Pretty sure we already have though. I know what you're saying bro. I'm very happy to have spent a career in the military supporting this country and my son has taken on that task as well. Why the smurf can't we all live as one. Take care of each other. I know you don't have an answer but would like the same if possible. God, if you believe in him, gave us a choice in how to live life. I'm pretty sure most of us eff that up on a regular basis.To bad really. People together can do wonderful things. There is a small line between us that keeps smurfing everything up and it is so basic. WE could all do better in this world if we lived as one. It will never happen.

Oops Edit. That is where hippies came in. In my wacked out opinion.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #85
Dan

Recipes 

Oct 2010
Makakilo, Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by statu View Post
You need war in order to have peace. Just like good needs evil to exist. Just like you need bad beer in order to have good beer other wise they all would taste the same.
So what you are saying is there has to be a positive and negative, day and night, evil and good. In between we are expected to find a balance?

I agree.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #86
statu
Recipes 

Jun 2012
Escazu, Costa Rica

They are extremes. I like to live in the middle if I have a choice. But the extremes are always there. But when it comes to beer I like to live on the edge. Life is to short to drink bad beer.

Dan Likes This 
Old 01-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #87
Dan

Recipes 

Oct 2010
Makakilo, Hawaii

Great point! Cheers my friend!

Old 01-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #88
statu
Recipes 

Jun 2012
Escazu, Costa Rica

Just like my extremes now. I'm home visiting my family in Portugal for Christmas. But I have to leave Sunday to go back to a stinking hell hole. These two places are night and day.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:56 AM   #89
Dan

Recipes 

Oct 2010
Makakilo, Hawaii

So the question is..where do your fall in between the two?

Old 01-03-2013, 10:06 AM   #90
statu
Recipes 

Jun 2012
Escazu, Costa Rica

Costa Rica in 6 months. Three year tour. Three years in lisbon. One in Afghanistan and then three in San Jose.