TV Show Ideas - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > TV Show Ideas

Old 01-03-2013, 12:55 AM   #1
509inc

Recipes 

Jan 2010
OKC
Liked 55 Times on 49 Posts

I can't believe TBS turned down my cop drama, 'Needle Dicks' about two anesthesiologists who were also detectives."

CreamyGoodness Likes This 
Old 01-03-2013, 01:56 AM   #2
Airplanedoc

Recipes 

Sep 2011
Illinois, Outside the peoples Republic of Madigan
Liked 394 Times on 273 Posts

I bet the stakeouts would be a real snooze fest

birdroad Likes This 
Old 01-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #3
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4846 Times on 3265 Posts

Huh. Sounds like the time I pitched a cooking show hosted by Leonard Balzak. Was supposed to be called Balzak's Delights.

headbanger Likes This 
Old 01-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #4
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2133 Times on 1409 Posts

"Unreliable"- Every Tuesday at 10pm an airlock on a gallon of apfelwein bubbles in real time. The show usually ends with someone taking a hydro reading.

"D'Bag Battles"- Set up as an alternative to MMA. Two D'bags in pink shirts and high maintenance hair are forced to fight to the death with soup spoons and a series of pinecones.

"...as getting mauled by a rabid wolverine"- after the opening sequence, where a new contestant tells his tale of woe to the camera (and the audience) he is mauled by a rabid wolverine. Once he recovers, he is asked if his circumstances were REALLY as bad as.... getting mauled by a rabid wolverine. If he can honestly say they are he gets a prize.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

People Like This 
Old 01-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #5
509inc

Recipes 

Jan 2010
OKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
"Unreliable"- Every Tuesday at 10pm an airlock on a gallon of apfelwein bubbles in real time. The show usually ends with someone taking a hydro reading.

"D'Bag Battles"- Set up as an alternative to MMA. Two D'bags in pink shirts and high maintenance hair are forced to fight to the death with soup spoons and a series of pinecones.
These two are great.

I had another Amazing Race type show idea where Americans try to sneak across the Mexico border into America. The challenges avoiding the Cartels, surviving the environment, getting picked up by border patrol. If they are found surely there is no law against being lost in the desert.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #6
Airplanedoc

Recipes 

Sep 2011
Illinois, Outside the peoples Republic of Madigan
Liked 394 Times on 273 Posts

"Congressional Deathmatch -- Economic Stimulus" congressman and senators fight until the death, on national tv, Betting is allowed. Supreme Court Judges could referee, and Lt. Gen Honore would be the ring announcer. Winner moves on to the next round. After it gets going it would be like boxing with a couple under cards and a main event. The final winner gets a billion dollar IOU or pension and a all expenses paid trip to syria

This would do more for our economy than any of the BS these DB's do in washington

How many people would tune in to see Harry Reid punch John Boehner in the face or vice versa?
What about the guy that yelled "you lie"

Old 01-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #7
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Liked 791 Times on 539 Posts

Good ones.

Here's one that maybe folks here would really enjoy if it's not too cliche... Instead of "Finding Bigfoot", it could be "Finding Beer Gnomes". If a homebrewer has been having trouble with gnomes stealing his beer and hydrometers, he could call up the team of experts. I'll volunteer to play the part of one of the experts. We ask the homebrewer to leave for the night, since this could get dangerous. Then we go into his house with flashlights strapped to our foreheads, toting high tech video and audio equipment. Then we talk to each other in whispers while we drink his beer and by the time he gets home in the morning, we've split with a bunch of his equipment. Later we call him with our report, tell him just look around, definitely proof your place is infested. But like on "Finding Bigfoot", we tell them, sorry, couldn't catch the ****ers... but we'll keep trying. See you next week....

Old 01-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #8
509inc

Recipes 

Jan 2010
OKC

That has all the makings of a spoof short film. Great idea. To bad I just filed for the copyright. muahahaha

Old 01-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #9
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Liked 791 Times on 539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 509inc View Post
That has all the makings of a spoof short film. Great idea. To bad I just filed for the copyright. muahahaha
Crap, well, as long as you cast me as one of the experts!!

Old 01-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #10
509inc

Recipes 

Jan 2010
OKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbiLynn View Post
Crap, well, as long as you cast me as one of the experts!!
I present to you the Straight to DVD Finding Beer Gnomes the movie poster.
Click image for larger version

Name:	BeerGnomes.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	92037