Words and phrases I hate - Page 62 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Words and phrases I hate

Old 02-02-2013, 10:09 PM   #611
mgortel
Recipes 

May 2010
Stewartstown, PA
Liked 49 Times on 38 Posts

"Two cars got together....."

A local traffic chick uses this term to explain an accident....WTF.....cal it a crash...accident....WTF.....is this polically correct to say "Two cars got together....."...dumbest effing thing I ever heard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really pi$$es me off.......
Upcoming Brews: Dusseldorf Alt
Kegged: Biermuncher Centenniel Blonde

Old 02-02-2013, 10:10 PM   #612

My current grammatical pet peeve is the use of 'no problem' instead of 'you're welcome.' Sometimes its appropriate, but it seems to be much over used.

iaefebs Likes This 
Old 02-02-2013, 11:04 PM   #613
cheezydemon3
Recipes 

Nov 2009
louisville
Liked 1671 Times on 1251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy-Klubb View Post
I don't know why y'all doubt the Zombie Apocalypse. it's happening and I'll be ready. y'all will think Will Smith was unprepared in I Am Legend.
I am not saying it has happened, lol. I just wonder why it offends.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:12 PM   #614
WesleyS
Recipes 

May 2012
Liked 4216 Times on 2789 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappers_
My current grammatical pet peeve is the use of 'no problem' instead of 'you're welcome.' Sometimes its appropriate, but it seems to be much over used.
I'm guilty of that.

People Like This 
Old 02-03-2013, 01:00 AM   #615
Billy-Klubb
HBT Berry Puncher
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Windom, MN
Liked 5902 Times on 3471 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyS View Post
I'm guilty of that.
so am I. a lot.
"If ceramic squirrels are banned, only druks will have ceramic squirrels!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I've plenty of legit material... No need to go making up quotes for your sig.

Keet Likes This 
Old 02-03-2013, 01:07 AM   #616
morticus
Recipes 

Oct 2011
Liked 98 Times on 53 Posts

"This beer is really sessionable". I really wish some people would learn the real meaning of what a session beer is before they call a beer sessionable.

Old 02-03-2013, 01:50 AM   #617
mgortel
Recipes 

May 2010
Stewartstown, PA
Liked 49 Times on 38 Posts

Quote:
No doubt...with you on that one!
Upcoming Brews: Dusseldorf Alt
Kegged: Biermuncher Centenniel Blonde

Old 02-03-2013, 01:58 AM   #618
Yesfan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2012
Cleveland, TN
Liked 199 Times on 160 Posts

One I just thought of.

"snob"

Why is it that when someone is educated about something, they are looked at as a snob? Just like everyone else, I have my opinions on some things. The problem I have is, when I don't agree with what the mainstream likes, I'm labeled a snob. This hobby is a prime example of what I'm talking about. When I'm talking about beer to the average drinker, I'm labeled a snob because some of the brands I like they have never heard (or worse) I like 'such & such brand' over their precious BMC beer.

I'm not a beer connoisseur nor claim to be one, but don't hate on me because I think Bud Light or Miller Lite suck. Hey if that's all you have in your fridge, I'm not afraid to drink it. It's still beer and nothing goes better with good times than a nice cold beer.

Nooga Strong

People Like This 
Old 02-03-2013, 02:03 AM   #619
jonemack
Recipes 

Aug 2012

My brother says "you know what I mean?" several times during the course of a conversation . Listen dip-wad, if I don't know what you mean I'll ask you to explain

Old 02-03-2013, 03:59 AM   #620

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonemack View Post
My brother says "you know what I mean?" several times during the course of a conversation . Listen dip-wad, if I don't know what you mean I'll ask you to explain
I'm amused that you've been a member here for six months and your first and only post is to complain about your brother

Leadgolem Likes This