Storage Wars - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Storage Wars

Old 01-03-2013, 11:53 PM   #21
iaefebs
Recipes 

Aug 2010
West Coast, MI
Liked 245 Times on 177 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddiggie View Post
Yeah... Anyone with half a brain would have cleared out anything of value from the storage unit before abandoning it. Unless they died or something.
The newest thing to do is to clean out the valuables, salt the locker with empty boxes of high end electronics, an old jewelry box, maybe a broken safe. Then let it go to auction. If some fool overbids then after storage fees and costs are paid the overpayment goes to the person that rented the locker.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:08 AM   #22
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2010
Liked 496 Times on 431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaefebs View Post
The newest thing to do is to clean out the valuables, salt the locker with empty boxes of high end electronics, an old jewelry box, maybe a broken safe. Then let it go to auction. If some fool overbids then after storage fees and costs are paid the overpayment goes to the person that rented the locker.
Makes me glad I'm not watching it anymore. I'd rather watch Pawn Stars... I do have to wonder about that one at times though... Are people really so ignorant that they think what the 'expert' told them the retail value is, is what they should get for the item? Seriously. Unless you're making a private sale, you don't get actual item value. You're lucky to get more than 1/2 what the store will sell the item for. Unless they know (without a doubt) that the item will sell fast. As in no more than a week and it's gone.

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 01-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #23
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 5008 Times on 3380 Posts

I can't decide if I like Barry much or not. He seems like a fake rock party dude from teh 80's who never grew out of it and has a fetish for old "hip" party stuff.

And his gloves are just sad.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #24
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
I can't decide if I like Barry much or not. He seems like a fake rock party dude from teh 80's who never grew out of it and has a fetish for old "hip" party stuff.

And his gloves are just sad.
It also seems like he's only looking for that one really sweet item from a storage unit. Where everyone else is looking at selling as much from the unit as they can. More often than not, Barry is at the bottom of the list for what they made on an unit.

I like the other show where they follow two guys around that buy units and make decent money on what's in them. Forget what it's called, but one of them is a big guy (bald) and the other is more average/thin build. Almost like Abbot and Costello.

Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 01-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #25
Hang Glider
Beer Drinker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2007
North Augusta, SC
Liked 204 Times on 152 Posts

Auction Hunters
Allen Haff & Ton Jones

Golddiggie Likes This 
Old 01-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #26
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI

Quote:
It also seems like he's only looking for that one really sweet item from a storage unit. Where everyone else is looking at selling as much from the unit as they can. More often than not, Barry is at the bottom of the list for what they made on an unit.

I like the other show where they follow two guys around that buy units and make decent money on what's in them. Forget what it's called, but one of them is a big guy (bald) and the other is more average/thin build. Almost like Abbot and Costello.
Yeah. Bary doesn't want to work to resell his stuff. He is into collectibles, not turnover.

I like American pickers too. Get to see a lot of cool old stuff without the drama. But no brandi...

Old 01-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #27
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2010

Quote:
Yeah. Bary doesn't want to work to resell his stuff. He is into collectibles, not turnover.

I like American pickers too. Get to see a lot of cool old stuff without the drama. But no brandi...
They do have Daniel though (think that's her name) that you sometimes get to see.

Fermenting
K1:

Old 01-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #28
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI

Quote:
They do have Daniel though (think that's her name) that you sometimes get to see.
WHO??

You don't mean the auctioneer lady, do you?

She's hot! (Probably a hot flash...)

Old 01-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #29
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2010

Quote:
WHO??

You don't mean the auctioneer lady, do you?

She's hot! (Probably a hot flash...)
Talking about the woman that's in the office finding the yahoo's their leads. Not talking about Storage Wars here, but American Pickers...

Fermenting
K1:

Old 01-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #30
broadbill
Recipes 

Aug 2007
Southern Maine
Liked 534 Times on 361 Posts

All of those shoes are rigged.

Storage wars probably start with real lockers, but the producers then dope them with good stuff.

American Pickers probably is all real, but they would have assistant producers screen the places for good finds first.

Amish mafia....all fake.