Storage Wars - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Storage Wars

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 11:53 PM   #21
iaefebs
Registered User
Recipes 
 
Aug 2010
West Coast, MI
Posts: 2,670
Liked 245 Times on 177 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddiggie View Post
Yeah... Anyone with half a brain would have cleared out anything of value from the storage unit before abandoning it. Unless they died or something.
The newest thing to do is to clean out the valuables, salt the locker with empty boxes of high end electronics, an old jewelry box, maybe a broken safe. Then let it go to auction. If some fool overbids then after storage fees and costs are paid the overpayment goes to the person that rented the locker.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:08 AM   #22
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Golddiggie's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2010
Posts: 11,995
Liked 496 Times on 431 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by iaefebs View Post
The newest thing to do is to clean out the valuables, salt the locker with empty boxes of high end electronics, an old jewelry box, maybe a broken safe. Then let it go to auction. If some fool overbids then after storage fees and costs are paid the overpayment goes to the person that rented the locker.
Makes me glad I'm not watching it anymore. I'd rather watch Pawn Stars... I do have to wonder about that one at times though... Are people really so ignorant that they think what the 'expert' told them the retail value is, is what they should get for the item? Seriously. Unless you're making a private sale, you don't get actual item value. You're lucky to get more than 1/2 what the store will sell the item for. Unless they know (without a doubt) that the item will sell fast. As in no more than a week and it's gone.
__________________
Hopping Tango Brewery

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #23
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png
 
Homercidal's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Posts: 31,360
Liked 5008 Times on 3380 Posts


I can't decide if I like Barry much or not. He seems like a fake rock party dude from teh 80's who never grew out of it and has a fetish for old "hip" party stuff.

And his gloves are just sad.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #24
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Golddiggie's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2010
Posts: 11,995
Liked 496 Times on 431 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
I can't decide if I like Barry much or not. He seems like a fake rock party dude from teh 80's who never grew out of it and has a fetish for old "hip" party stuff.

And his gloves are just sad.
It also seems like he's only looking for that one really sweet item from a storage unit. Where everyone else is looking at selling as much from the unit as they can. More often than not, Barry is at the bottom of the list for what they made on an unit.

I like the other show where they follow two guys around that buy units and make decent money on what's in them. Forget what it's called, but one of them is a big guy (bald) and the other is more average/thin build. Almost like Abbot and Costello.
__________________
Hopping Tango Brewery

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #25
Hang Glider
Beer Drinker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Hang Glider's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2007
North Augusta, SC
Posts: 3,215
Liked 204 Times on 152 Posts


Auction Hunters
Allen Haff & Ton Jones

Golddiggie Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #26
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png
 
Homercidal's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Posts: 31,360
Liked 5008 Times on 3380 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddiggie View Post
It also seems like he's only looking for that one really sweet item from a storage unit. Where everyone else is looking at selling as much from the unit as they can. More often than not, Barry is at the bottom of the list for what they made on an unit.

I like the other show where they follow two guys around that buy units and make decent money on what's in them. Forget what it's called, but one of them is a big guy (bald) and the other is more average/thin build. Almost like Abbot and Costello.
Yeah. Bary doesn't want to work to resell his stuff. He is into collectibles, not turnover.

I like American pickers too. Get to see a lot of cool old stuff without the drama. But no brandi...

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #27
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Golddiggie's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2010
Posts: 11,995
Liked 496 Times on 431 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
Yeah. Bary doesn't want to work to resell his stuff. He is into collectibles, not turnover.

I like American pickers too. Get to see a lot of cool old stuff without the drama. But no brandi...
They do have Daniel though (think that's her name) that you sometimes get to see.
__________________
Hopping Tango Brewery

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #28
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png
 
Homercidal's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Posts: 31,360
Liked 5008 Times on 3380 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddiggie View Post
They do have Daniel though (think that's her name) that you sometimes get to see.
WHO??

You don't mean the auctioneer lady, do you?

She's hot! (Probably a hot flash...)

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #29
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Golddiggie's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2010
Posts: 11,995
Liked 496 Times on 431 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
WHO??

You don't mean the auctioneer lady, do you?

She's hot! (Probably a hot flash...)
Talking about the woman that's in the office finding the yahoo's their leads. Not talking about Storage Wars here, but American Pickers...
__________________
Hopping Tango Brewery

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #30
broadbill
Recipes 
 
Aug 2007
Southern Maine
Posts: 3,935
Liked 534 Times on 361 Posts


All of those shoes are rigged.

Storage wars probably start with real lockers, but the producers then dope them with good stuff.

American Pickers probably is all real, but they would have assistant producers screen the places for good finds first.

Amish mafia....all fake.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Star Wars VII TyTanium General Chit Chat 159 03-02-2013 02:59 AM
Something fun, something star wars. lazarus0530 Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 168 03-12-2012 02:20 AM
Ever Watch "Storage Wars"? ShakerD General Chit Chat 5 02-10-2011 03:14 PM
Bunny wars! glenn514 General Chit Chat 33 06-10-2010 01:26 PM
Whale Wars BrewBrain General Chit Chat 27 06-28-2009 01:36 PM


Forum Jump