Storage Wars - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Storage Wars

Old 01-02-2013, 01:40 AM   #1
PackerfaninSanDiego

Recipes 

Oct 2012
Ramona, California
Liked 182 Times on 137 Posts

I'd love to see Hester with a fat lip and a two black eyes

Old 01-02-2013, 01:45 AM   #2
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2010
Liked 496 Times on 431 Posts

And walking funny.

YuuuuuUPP!!

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 01-02-2013, 02:18 AM   #3
MetallHed

Recipes 

Jun 2010
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
Liked 28 Times on 24 Posts

He got fired from the show..... so you must be watching reruns.

My Fermentation Chiller Steel Horse Brew Labels

Old 01-02-2013, 02:21 AM   #4
Airplanedoc

Recipes 

Sep 2011
Illinois, Outside the peoples Republic of Madigan
Liked 394 Times on 273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetallHed View Post
YuuuuuUPP!! The show is fake

Old 01-02-2013, 02:25 AM   #5
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2010

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airplanedoc View Post
YuuuuuUPP!! The show is fake
A fake reality tv show...

I hope "The Gambler" is the next to go... That yackoff reminds me too much of my last [ash-hole] landlord.

Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 01-02-2013, 02:36 AM   #6
MetallHed

Recipes 

Jun 2010
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
Liked 28 Times on 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddiggie View Post

A fake reality tv show...

I hope "The Gambler" is the next to go... That yackoff reminds me too much of my last [ash-hole] landlord.
You didn't know this? The show is staged. It was rumored before he got fired and he confirmed it after.

My Fermentation Chiller Steel Horse Brew Labels

Old 01-02-2013, 02:49 AM   #7
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2010

Quote:
You didn't know this? The show is staged. It was rumored before he got fired and he confirmed it after.
I neither care about, nor watch, it enough for it to matter. I'm a bit surprised it's lasted this long. Especially since much better tv shows have been cancelled faster.

Fermenting
K1:

Old 01-02-2013, 03:09 AM   #8
emjay

Recipes 

Jan 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Liked 1719 Times on 1606 Posts

Quote:

As much as I know much of these shows are scripted (some of them painfully so), I wouldn't go so far as to call this "confirmation" of anything. Disgruntled ex-employees are hardly the best source of truth to begin with, but after reading his claims just now, some of them jump out at me as being highly doubtful.

1) He was fired because he told producers he was uncomfortable with the staging and that it might possibly be illegal. For starters, having seen the guy's personality, it seems beyond unlikely that he was the one to suddenly develop a conscience. But even harder to believe is that this is why he was fired. Firing a guy in that position *guarantees* that he will go public... if you're running a scam like this, firing him is the last thing you'd do.

2) The producers paid for the units for buyers who couldn't afford them, but not successful ones like him. This just reeks of the bull**** of an egomaniac (which he is). And again, such unfair would only ensure that those not getting the same deal would not go public. It's a very successful show, and it makes no sense for them to pay for some of the units but not all of them. Even paying for every single unit of every episode wouldn't be that significant a cost... why would they cut such small corners with "some" units when the likely cost is disgruntled employees who'll blow the whistle? Any half-intelligent person could see that the bit of money the might be saving is not at all worth it.

3) Producers paid for plastic surgery for one of the female stars, to increase the sex appeal. Really? If it was entirely staged, why wouldn't they just hire someone better looking in the first place.

Again, all this sounds like the accusations of an egomaniac who thinks everybody is against him, despite the fact that he is a perfect individual who can do no wrong. Like I said, I know these shows are often scripted, but I'm not ready to accept the accusations of a narcissistic, disgruntled former employee - that it is staged to such a large and complete degree - as "confirmation" just yet. It will be interesting to see how this plays out in court.

Golddiggie Likes This 
Old 01-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #9
m_c_zero
Recipes 

Apr 2011
Westminster, CO
Liked 229 Times on 162 Posts

I thought it was real at first and enjoyed the show, but later on it just seemed too good to be true. I recall in one episode Darrell wins a crappy storage shed with a bunch of junk. As he is going through it, he finds a terrible painting. He then somehow knows to take the painting out of the frame and finds some $300+ taped to the back of the painting. I call BS on that... Stopped watching the show after that, but I did always enjoy watching Barry's shenanigans.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:03 PM   #10
PackerfaninSanDiego

Recipes 

Oct 2012
Ramona, California
Liked 182 Times on 137 Posts

Makes one wonder about some units that are full of junk and and behold the wow factor.....a $10,000 Rolex or that rare art piece