Am I Becoming a Hophead? - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Am I Becoming a Hophead?

Old 01-01-2013, 06:39 AM   #1
Lineman22
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

So I used to be a straight bud guy and I thought I was so much cooler than the light crowd and then I started sampling beers. I must admit I have not tasted many micro brews and Sierra Nevada is about as micro as it gets in my small town! I started off with the pale ale and I loved it! Then the porter, then the stout, then the torpedo. But I've recently found my favorite beer to date! The celebration!

The torpedo was def my favorite before the celebration but every since i tried it none of these compare. I bought a six pack of the pale ale tonight for easy drinking for new years and i just keep turning my nose up at it like it was a bud light or something.

Am I doomed to never like cheap beer again? Will the next more hoppy beer be the only thing that quinches my thirst?
Why did I ever have to broaden my horizons?

Old 01-01-2013, 06:42 AM   #2
bioguy
Recipes 

Mar 2005
Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts

Welcome to the dark side brother :-)

Lineman22 Likes This 
Old 01-01-2013, 06:51 AM   #3
Lineman22
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Haha thanks, I forgot to mention I'm almost ready to bottle my first home brew and it was a SN pale ale kit from northern brewer and I'm sick that I haven't been dry hopping several ounces of centennial in it.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:09 AM   #4
GeorgiaTiger

Recipes 

Nov 2012
Marietta, Ga
Liked 73 Times on 43 Posts

hops...blecch! I cant get into the hoppy beers...yet. Im trying, though! I WANT to like the hoppy ones but its becoming harder. Now, STOUTS is where it's at!
Primary 2 (LBK): Empty
On Deck - IPA of some sort
Bottled - Irish Red Ale
Wicked Gnome HomeBrewing

Lineman22 Likes This 
Old 01-01-2013, 07:15 AM   #5
Lineman22
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTiger View Post
hops...blecch! I cant get into the hoppy beers...yet. Im trying, though! I WANT to like the hoppy ones but its becoming harder. Now, STOUTS is where it's at!
I do like the stouts I've had so far. Not as much a fan of the milk stouts though. I would really like to find bourbon barrel though. I think I like the dryer stouts but I'm not really a taster so I don't know if that's the right term

Old 01-01-2013, 07:16 AM   #6
CityOChampBrew
Recipes 

Feb 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Liked 59 Times on 49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lineman22 View Post
So I used to be a straight bud guy and I thought I was so much cooler than the light crowd and then I started sampling beers. I must admit I have not tasted many micro brews and Sierra Nevada is about as micro as it gets in my small town! I started off with the pale ale and I loved it! Then the porter, then the stout, then the torpedo. But I've recently found my favorite beer to date! The celebration!

The torpedo was def my favorite before the celebration but every since i tried it none of these compare. I bought a six pack of the pale ale tonight for easy drinking for new years and i just keep turning my nose up at it like it was a bud light or something.

Am I doomed to never like cheap beer again? Will the next more hoppy beer be the only thing that quinches my thirst?
Why did I ever have to broaden my horizons?
Doomed? I would say rescued. But if you liked something before I don't think you will completely hate it; moreso just not as satisfied with it.
Kegged empty

Lineman22 Likes This 
Old 01-01-2013, 07:16 AM   #7
GeorgiaTiger

Recipes 

Nov 2012
Marietta, Ga

dry meaning not sweet?
Bottled - Irish Red Ale
Wicked Gnome HomeBrewing

Lineman22 Likes This 
Old 01-01-2013, 07:19 AM   #8
GeorgiaTiger

Recipes 

Nov 2012
Marietta, Ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityOChampBrew View Post
if you liked something before I don't think you will completely hate it
Cant agree with that personally. I liked Budweiser and Coors light when I was drinking beer with the boys. Then I got into wanting to learn more about what I was drinking and found micro brews...then found stouts. NOW, I would drink water before I would drink a Coors Light OR a Bud.
Bottled - Irish Red Ale
Wicked Gnome HomeBrewing

Lineman22 Likes This 
Old 01-01-2013, 07:21 AM   #9
Lineman22
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityOChampBrew View Post
Doomed? I would say rescued. But if you liked something before I don't think you will completely hate it; moreso just not as satisfied with it.
I would say rescued also. It just cost so much more. I need to hurry up get some home brew bottled so I can at least can save on gas. Lol. I can drink budweiser when given to me but I must admit it is purely for the abv. Lol. Maybe I used love too loosely. Haha

Old 01-01-2013, 07:23 AM   #10
Lineman22
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTiger View Post
dry meaning not sweet?
Yes that's what I mean. If there is a better description I would be glad to know