WTF is up with Taylor Swift? - Page 5 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > WTF is up with Taylor Swift?

Old 01-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #41
landshark
HMFIC
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2011
Pleasant Hill, Missouri
Liked 147 Times on 118 Posts

When TS did her first song I was listening to a lot of country at the time. Between her and Carrie Underwood I decided I could not listen to country anymore. For every George Strait, Brad Paisley, Hank III, and Gary Allen song played I would hear 3 or 4 by TS or CU or another wannabe whiner. Turned it off and switched to mp3s and satellite radio. Then started listening to hard rock. Funny thing is I think some modern rock songs are more country than country is.

Then with the new country artist today singing how country they are and how they have a 4x4 and a dog and live backwoods. I don't consider that country either, just backwoods idiots trying to string chords together.

Wish I could find a country station in the area that plays Jamey Johnson, Rick Trevino, Dale Watson, and Amber Digby. Maybe some Heather Myles or Ray Scott.... I'm dreaming.... Oh wait. hello Pandora.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
OK, So I searched "Betty White nude" ...........At the top of the results, instead of 'Did you mean......" it asked "Are you f#cking serious?....."

Old 01-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #42
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Aug 2006
Whitehouse Station, NJ
Liked 1765 Times on 1122 Posts

It's amazing how genre-polarized our culture can be. Just think about how many times you heard someone say "oh, I hate _insert a music genre that includes 1 million different artists_". We should know better because people do that crap with whole styles of beer or even something as blasphemous as "I don't like beer". You mean the one brand of one style you tried 16 years ago?

I like catching people humming a tune that was performed by an artist that they thought they hated that is part of a genre they thought they hated but that artist just crossed over just a little bit into another genre and they didn't know who was singing. Just listen to stuff, if it strikes a fancy, listen some more. I guess I just care who's dating who, who wrote the song, that the thing I'm hearing was actually a cover of some other way more worthy artist, etc when the sound hits my ears.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:35 PM   #43
landshark
HMFIC
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2011
Pleasant Hill, Missouri
Liked 147 Times on 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M View Post
It's amazing how genre-polarized our culture can be. Just think about how many times you heard someone say "oh, I hate _insert a music genre that includes 1 million different artists_". We should know better because people do that crap with whole styles of beer or even something as blasphemous as "I don't like beer". You mean the one brand of one style you tried 16 years ago?

I like catching people humming a tune that was performed by an artist that they thought they hated that is part of a genre they thought they hated but that artist just crossed over just a little bit into another genre and they didn't know who was singing. Just listen to stuff, if it strikes a fancy, listen some more. I guess I just care who's dating who, who wrote the song, that the thing I'm hearing was actually a cover of some other way more worthy artist, etc when the sound hits my ears.
I think part of it stems from the fact a radio station will take the song and then several just like it and then repeatably play them over and over, instead of airtime of artist we personally feel are better and more deserving of the radio time. The entire problem is similar to Conway Twitty in the 80s, Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson, Reba and Brooks and Dunn 90s, Then Kenny Chesney and Carrie Underwood in the early 2000s, and now it is Swift. The Country music genre has changed, it does every 5-10 years. However few people today would argue Conway Twitty was anything but county, in his time he was considered pop country. Jim Reeves with creating the Nashville Sound had the same effect in his time of the 50s and 60s. Isn't like anything that was being played in Texas or Bakersfield at the time.

And when I read who's dating who I immediately thought you where referencing Who's Cheatin Who. Originally done by Charly McClain....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
OK, So I searched "Betty White nude" ...........At the top of the results, instead of 'Did you mean......" it asked "Are you f#cking serious?....."

Old 01-09-2013, 05:56 AM   #44
Beer_is_good_for_you
Recipes 

Aug 2010
Everett, WA
Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark View Post
When TS did her first song I was listening to a lot of country at the time. Between her and Carrie Underwood I decided I could not listen to country anymore. For every George Strait, Brad Paisley, Hank III, and Gary Allen song played I would hear 3 or 4 by TS or CU or another wannabe whiner. Turned it off and switched to mp3s and satellite radio. Then started listening to hard rock. Funny thing is I think some modern rock songs are more country than country is.

Then with the new country artist today singing how country they are and how they have a 4x4 and a dog and live backwoods. I don't consider that country either, just backwoods idiots trying to string chords together.

Wish I could find a country station in the area that plays Jamey Johnson, Rick Trevino, Dale Watson, and Amber Digby. Maybe some Heather Myles or Ray Scott.... I'm dreaming.... Oh wait. hello Pandora.
Oh man, Carrie Underwood. She's got a song or two that I used to be able to listen to, but now that I've heard more of them I realize they're all the same. All of them. Some *******, somewhere along the line, screwed her over and now she has to tell us all about it. Again. And again. And again. He's a big meany poopy pants, and she's superwoman, great. Good for her. I guess she's just another version of TS, just angry about everything instead of sad and mopey.

naga77777 Likes This 
Old 01-09-2013, 06:02 AM   #45
dudius

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Big Rapids, MI
Liked 62 Times on 50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer_is_good_for_you View Post

Oh man, Carrie Underwood. She's got a song or two that I used to be able to listen to, but now that I've heard more of them I realize they're all the same. All of them. Some *******, somewhere along the line, screwed her over and now she has to tell us all about it. Again. And again. And again. He's a big meany poopy pants, and she's superwoman, great. Good for her. I guess she's just another version of TS, just angry about everything instead of sad and mopey.
Oh my god I just about pissed myself laughing.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:51 AM   #46
emjay

Recipes 

Jan 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Liked 1719 Times on 1606 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
I think she is a genius. She sleeps with famous guys to get song ideas and leverages that into a HUGE amount of money. I wish I could do that.
You wish you could sleep with famous guy?

Old 01-09-2013, 07:06 AM   #47
oldstyle69

Recipes 

Mar 2011
chicago, il
Liked 53 Times on 49 Posts

http://www.theonion.com/articles/tay...-holmes,30830/ hahah latest update

Old 01-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #48
dudius

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Big Rapids, MI
Liked 62 Times on 50 Posts

I laughed when I saw that on my Facebook feed. And I'm surprised I forgot to mention earlier that Miley Cyrus has more country cred than Taylor Swift, she recently did a Dolly Parton cover. It's pretty good, much better than her old Disney garbage.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:15 PM   #49
EnjoyGoodBeer
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Rockford, Illinois
Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

Taylor swift and alot of others are NOT COUNTRY. Thats why You dont like her.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #50
b-boy
16%er
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2011
The Frozen Tundra, NY
Liked 1218 Times on 795 Posts

This was on Reddit. The title was 'Taylor Swift In A Nutshell'. I found it pretty funny...

http://i.imgur.com/rluJg.gif

Beer_is_good_for_you Likes This