WTF is up with Taylor Swift? - Page 4 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > WTF is up with Taylor Swift?

Old 01-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #31
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4855 Times on 3272 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
I don't follow celeb gossip, but this was too funny not to share.

Taylor Swift should bust Into the delivery room when Kardashian and Kanye West are having their baby and announce "I'm happy for you and imma let you finish, but Beyonce had the cutest baby of all time. Of all time."
That would be SNL GOLD RIGHT THERE!

Old 01-07-2013, 11:01 PM   #32
PapsD
Recipes 

Apr 2012
Liked 21 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post

Yes Miss Swift sucks as far as the genre is concerned, but she's catchy. Ever hear that 'one day I'll be living in a big old city' song? It'll be in your head for hours, and that's what seems to get radio time.
Country as a whole isn't the same as the 1960s-70's, and that's okay with me (having not lived in either of those decades, but enjoying the music). It's more of what used to be called Southern Rock with a few bad apples (Jason Aldean, for instance). Kyle
It's like that stupid Call Me Maybe song. It get's in your head and gets stuck in there for days. Taylor Swift can sing but her lyrics really suck. But so do most pop lyrics.

Radio also sucks. Every station plays a different 25 song playlist over and over. You'll hear the same song atleast 3 times in an 8 hour period on any given station.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:03 PM   #33
PapsD
Recipes 

Apr 2012
Liked 21 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
I don't follow celeb gossip, but this was too funny not to share.

Taylor Swift should bust Into the delivery room when Kardashian and Kanye West are having their baby and announce "I'm happy for you and imma let you finish, but Beyonce had the cutest baby of all time. Of all time."
Only if Kanye doesn't beat her to it.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:26 PM   #34
snowtires

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Liked 70 Times on 49 Posts

I love taylor swift. I could listen to her albums all day, even the girly songs. My favorite song on the new album is "trouble" its got a little dubstep to it. Awsome
Drinking: Beer from the store :(

Old 01-07-2013, 11:44 PM   #35
hoppyhoppyhippo

Recipes 

Dec 2012
New Brunswick, NJ
Liked 414 Times on 338 Posts

I'd hit it.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:04 AM   #36
dudius

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Big Rapids, MI
Liked 62 Times on 50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtires View Post
I love taylor swift. I could listen to her albums all day, even the girly songs. My favorite song on the new album is "trouble" its got a little dubstep to it. Awsome
I'm not a country fan nor a TS fan, but I thought it was funny when my girlfriend bought the album and I thought the album version was written for some dub to be added. Sure enough, all the TV performances she's done include it. And that is how you know she's pop and not country (if you didn't figure that out five years ago).

Old 01-08-2013, 12:05 AM   #37
dudius

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Big Rapids, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppyhoppyhippo View Post
I'd hit it.
She's wayyyy too skinny and lanky, no curves. Just long arms and legs like a spider-monkey.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:40 AM   #38
hoppyhoppyhippo

Recipes 

Dec 2012
New Brunswick, NJ
Liked 414 Times on 338 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudius View Post
She's wayyyy too skinny and lanky, no curves. Just long arms and legs like a spider-monkey.
But she is obviously a big freak.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:06 AM   #39
dudius

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Big Rapids, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppyhoppyhippo View Post

But she is obviously a big freak.
I'd hit her with a stick. And I'm too lazy to quote the person who asked Wtf was up with her speaking the words during the song on New Years Eve, but I forgot to mention that I hate that she did that for 3 reasons. 1. It was something that often is done in music videos but not recordings or perfornances. 2. It shouldn't have been done for the recording or performance. 3. She seemed to either forget how to say her line or didn't know how to interact with the people on stage and it looked really, really stupid. I don't normally bash on singers or bands but I really hated that.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:26 AM   #40
JonM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2010
Milwaukee
Liked 2720 Times on 1596 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudius View Post
Women like that make me think of that line in Men in Black where Will Smith says, "Man, I feel like I'm gonna break this damn thing."