Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Ever brew a beer you 'hated'..........

Old 01-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #21
jbaysurfer
Former future HOF Brewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 581 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
Yes. I've forced them down, but not any more. I came to the (duh) conclusion once that I would never drink another one that wasn't good. And take my word on it, I don't.

I won't get into details, because some people here get peeved when you talk about dumping beer, but I dispatch non-ideal beers quickly.
You're 100% inside my head Passedpawn. I couldn't have said it better. I didn't get into this to force down bad beer. I got into it to MAKE fantastic beers that I couldn't get commercially in my area.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:36 PM   #22
Yesfan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 88 Times on 74 Posts
Likes Given: 312

I think it's funny a lot of us have a friend(s) that think our 'bad beers' are one of the best they have drank. I gave some of my brown ale to a couple of buds and they loved it. They are either trying not to hurt our feelings, or they just don't have any palette.

Nooga Strong

Old 01-01-2013, 10:47 PM   #23
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4846 Times on 2898 Posts
Likes Given: 4067

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesfan View Post
I think it's funny a lot of us have a friend(s) that think our 'bad beers' are one of the best they have drank. I gave some of my brown ale to a couple of buds and they loved it. They are either trying not to hurt our feelings, or they just don't have any palette.
haha, it's true. I have a beer disposal service named Scot. I made a Houblon Chouffe clone that was actually pretty good, but I just never wanted a high-ABV beer. I gave him 2 cases and it was astonishing how fast he got those bottles back to me.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:19 AM   #24
Sambecker1

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn

haha, it's true. I have a beer disposal service named Scot. I made a Houblon Chouffe clone that was actually pretty good, but I just never wanted a high-ABV beer. I gave him 2 cases and it was astonishing how fast he got those bottles back to me.
Not to hijack but could post the recipe for the Houblon or PM me?

Old 01-02-2013, 12:27 AM   #25
PackerfaninSanDiego
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 179 Times on 135 Posts
Likes Given: 8

OMG! this thread is about me today..brewed a Nut Brown Ale.messed up on the hops..tasted it before carboy and was extremely bitter/hoppy. Some like hoppy beer, I don't will see in 5 weeks after first taste from the bottle. If I don't like it, I may give itall away or dump it. As Yooper said," life is too short to drink bad beer."

Old 01-02-2013, 12:44 AM   #26
smartass
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 3

i used to have an alcoholic buddy that would drink anything with alcohol in it, so he was my bad beer / bad wine disposal but now i just pour it out ,i think out of a hundred batches i have choked down about four batches and poured three down the drain.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:35 AM   #27
PackerfaninSanDiego
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 179 Times on 135 Posts
Likes Given: 8

used to have?

Old 01-02-2013, 01:36 AM   #28
emjay
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1716 Times on 1604 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartass View Post
i used to have an alcoholic buddy that would drink anything with alcohol in it, so he was my bad beer / bad wine disposal but now i just pour it out ,i think out of a hundred batches i have choked down about four batches and poured three down the drain.
Enabling an alcoholic!

At least the beer wasn't wasted.

Old 06-14-2015, 01:23 PM   #29
Rhumbline
Recipes 

Liked 312 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 185

I made a Belgian Tripple that I didnt care for, gave one to a friend who is much more experienced as a brewer and he raved to everyone about how I nailed the style.

That convinced me that I just don't like triples and I've never brewed another one.

Old 06-14-2015, 02:10 PM   #30
flars
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 899 Times on 759 Posts
Likes Given: 217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumbline View Post
I made a Belgian Tripple that I didnt care for, gave one to a friend who is much more experienced as a brewer and he raved to everyone about how I nailed the style.

That convinced me that I just don't like triples and I've never brewed another one.
I thought the same way about Tripels. Brewed one a few years ago. Body was good, but I didn't care for the flavor. Decided never again after it took over a year to finish the last bottle.

My yeast starter is ready for the Velvet Rooster. I hope I don't regret by my change of heart.