Random ingredients, recipe help needed. - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Random ingredients, recipe help needed.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
hans_shu_east_gluff
Recipes 

Feb 2012
Kimberley, BC
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hey everyone, I live in a small town in BC Canada where I have to order all my ingredients online or pick them up randomly if I am travelling. This makes me have to plan ahead and find recipes and hope for the best.

My issue is, my friend gave me a corona mill because he upgraded. I used a food processor before and it sucked. I also just built my first cooler mash tun. I was using a painters bag before. Now I am dying to make some beer. I cannot decide what to make or what recipe to follow so I can order. I can't wait so here is a list of random ingredients I have around my house. I give you all the challenge of trying your best to piece together a recipe for me to brew

-roughly 30lb 2 row pale malt
-2lb crystal malt
-1 oz german hallertau
-1 oz tettnanger
-1 oz. northern brewer
-couple oz. nugget
-couple oz. saaz
-couple oz centennial
-big bag of cascade
-packet of Nottingham ale yeast and a packet of Coopers unspecified brewing yeast

I found a recipe for a czech pilsner that used just Saaz. I love czech and German beer. I know I don't have typical German malts to make a true German or Czech beer. I may just wing it and make a half assed knock off. I just want to make beer and tweek any issues in my new equipment I have yet to try out.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:12 PM   #2
daksin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2011
San Diego, CA
Liked 357 Times on 311 Posts

Well apart from all the german hops, I see the makings for a really nice hopbursted APA:

8-10lbs 2-row (based on efficiency/preferred OG), 1lb crystal- 1/2oz each cent/casc at 20, 10, and flameout, ferment with the notty. Throw out that cooper's yeast, or toss it into the boil of a high gravity brew for nutrient.

twitter.com/2kidsbrewing .. facebook.com/2kidsbrewing .. 2kidsbrewing.com

Old 01-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #3
hans_shu_east_gluff
Recipes 

Feb 2012
Kimberley, BC
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Nice. I'm totally going to give that a shot. I don't like the Coopers stuff either. But like I said, small town. Hard to get things. The local grocery store carried Coopers for a bit and I stocked up on any supplies I could when they stopped selling them and marked everything down. Thanks for the recipe!