Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > successful stay-cation

Old 12-31-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
sapper-nc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 17

Default successful stay-cation and brewing

Ok.. so, i took my first "staycation". I on went vacation the 20/21st of december
Starting the day after X-mas I brewed 10 gallons of a Best Bitter and pitched Irish ale yeast in 5 gal, and Thames Valley in the other 5

.. then this past Sunday i hosted a brew group on my Keggle system at my home. They brewed 10 gallons ofa Brown Ale , pitched denny's 50 in one frmenter and Whitbread in the other ....

and to continue the adventure We made 4 gallons of a GRAF by collecting an extra sparge off the grains,only about 2.5 gallons, added a small amount of wort from the brown ale (we had 1/2 gallon more than the fermenters would safely hold) , added some frozen wort and ginger from a ginger beer where i had saved the ginger for use in soups, .. boiled with the used hops from the Brown Ale, and then added 1 gallon of apple juice. Pitched some Cuvee yeast along with about a tsp of the Dennys 50 and Whitbread. ... i had just watched the Graf episode of Brewing TV.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:08 PM   #2
Satisfaction
Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts

You and I had similar plans, my stay-cation resulted in a extra brewing and lounging around the house. With my constant travel schedule for work its been nice.

Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Old 12-31-2012, 07:57 PM   #3
sapper-nc
Recipes 

Likes Given: 17

thanks, .. im actually back at work already. But work is kinda slow so its enjoyable and im able to hang out on HBT

Old 12-31-2012, 08:03 PM   #4
Newgene
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I did the same thing. I'm on my third 6-gallon batch tomorrow or the next day. I already have the third starter on the stir plate! The last is a lager, as I'm beginning to be fermentation chamber limited.