Damn it people are frustrating - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Damn it people are frustrating

Old 12-31-2012, 06:26 PM   #21
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2133 Times on 1409 Posts

I dont disagree.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 01-02-2013, 01:37 PM   #22
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4859 Times on 3275 Posts

I admit, I've never been mugged and never heard of anyone in my area ever being mugged in my life.

But if I ever do, I plan on picturing the mugger naked. They say that's a good way to keep calm in a stressful situation.

I do like the fake wallet trick though. It would probably get far more use on my nightstand though. You know, the regular wallet, and then the "wife wallet".

Old 01-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #23
turvis
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Liked 26 Times on 23 Posts

I have never been mugged but when someone on the street asks me for money I just say sorry I don't carry cash and that usually does the trick. I think I will use the decoy wallet when I know I am going downtown or other places where something like that can happen.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #24
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Liked 791 Times on 539 Posts

It's really an awful feeling to be mugged, even if they don't get away with much. Happened to be one time in a parking lot in Lake City, Florida, which is not even close to being a real city. Guy asked me for the time, I looked down at my watch and he grabbed my bag and took off running. For some reason I tried to chase him down, screaming and cursing, but he got away. It really pissed me off and took me a couple weeks to get over it. Infuriating.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #25
Dan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2010
Makakilo, Hawaii
Liked 2180 Times on 1365 Posts

When I was around 22. I was taking a jeepney ride in Olongapo City, Phillipines

It was in the afternoon and I was the only passenger until a local jumped in. It wasn't my first trip to the PI. He asked if he could see my wallet, or something like that. Being young, smug and and full of.. confidence. I pulled it out handed it to him. I saw the smile on his face as he figured he'd just scored. He told me how nice a wallet it was and I saw his eyes darting, looking for a place to jump out of the jeepney and steal my wallet. Then he opened it. Not a peso in it, no ID, nothing but an empty wallet. He handed it back to me and got off the jeepney at the next corner.

I may be dumb but I aint stupid.. (I need to post that one on the annoying things people say thread)

Old 01-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #26
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2010
Liked 492 Times on 428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
When I was around 22. I was taking a jeepney ride in Olongapo City, Phillipines

It was in the afternoon and I was the only passenger until a local jumped in. It wasn't my first trip to the PI. He asked if he could see my wallet, or something like that. Being young, smug and and full of.. confidence. I pulled it out handed it to him. I saw the smile on his face as he figured he'd just scored. He told me how nice a wallet it was and I saw his eyes darting, looking for a place to jump out of the jeepney and steal my wallet. Then he opened it. Not a peso in it, no ID, nothing but an empty wallet. He handed it back to me and got off the jeepney at the next corner.

I may be dumb but I aint stupid.. (I need to post that one on the annoying things people say thread)
It's supposed to be "I'm crazy, not stupid"...

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 01-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #27
Dan

Recipes 

Oct 2010
Makakilo, Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddiggie View Post
It's supposed to be "I'm crazy, not stupid"...
You're right!

Old 01-02-2013, 09:07 PM   #28
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2010
Liked 492 Times on 428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
You're right!
It's a comfortable kind of crazy too... At least for me it is.

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 01-02-2013, 10:37 PM   #29
fenderbass
Recipes 

Aug 2010
Amity, Oregon
Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Years ago my 80 something year old grandma was mugged in broad daylight. She held on to her purse, was swung around and slammed to the ground and her purse stolen. She was bruised up pretty bad, but generally ok and not mentally messed up by it.
I sure that son of a &#)$*@#!!&#@ is in prison by now and I hope he gets cornholed every day.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:44 PM   #30
Dan

Recipes 

Oct 2010
Makakilo, Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderbass View Post
Years ago my 80 something year old grandma was mugged in broad daylight. She held on to her purse, was swung around and slammed to the ground and her purse stolen. She was bruised up pretty bad, but generally ok and not mentally messed up by it.
I sure that son of a &#)$*@#!!&#@ is in prison by now and I hope he gets cornholed every day.

I hope so too. We will all get old someday. I do got to say, 80, is old. And I wonder if old people ever want to just.. I don't know.

The world is not getting any better it seems. To much hate and violence. Maybe it has always been that way. Me personally, I don't look forward to getting old and living in a land that is violent and plays violence towards the elderly. Was it always this way? I'm thinking not but since I'm posting on the WW web. Certain somebody will tell me I'm wrong.