Damn it people are frustrating - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Damn it people are frustrating

Old 12-31-2012, 05:48 AM   #1
thood6

Recipes 

Aug 2011
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts

So I was just walking down bourbon street in New Orleans and a guy came up and asked me for money. As I proceeded to give him a few bucks he punched me in the lip and took what was in my wallet.

I hate people

Whatever I'm done ranting. Cheers

Primary: CDJ IPA #1, Sea Cow Pale #1
Secondary: HUH?
Bottle: Scroatmeal Stout, Kolsch, Honey Blonde, Imperial Stout, Raspberry Stout, Blackberry Stout
Keg: Pumpkin Porter, Vanilla Porter
Future: Irish Red, Centennial Blonde, White Ale, Whiskey Imperial Stout #1, Saison #1

Old 12-31-2012, 05:55 AM   #2
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2010
Liked 491 Times on 427 Posts

People like that would tend to catch a bullet from me. Of course, I also don't give money to random people, no matter how they ask or how pathetic they might look. IF there's someone playing music on a sidewalk that I like, I might toss a few coins his/her way (times to date this has happened: zero). But some schuck walking up to me? F-no... Unless he pulls a weapon on me, he's not getting my hard-earned money.

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 12-31-2012, 05:56 AM   #3
sirmeowsalot
Recipes 

Apr 2012
gville, FLOrida
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

You try to do something nice and **** like this happens....but who's to say if you hadn't started giving him money in the first place he wouldn't have gotten more physical.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:59 AM   #4
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmeowsalot View Post
You try to do something nice and **** like this happens....but who's to say if you hadn't started giving him money in the first place he wouldn't have gotten more physical.
Or just moved on to the next person he saw... You'll never know.

Just another reason why I tend to not like people... Luckily, the feeling is mutual.

Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 12-31-2012, 06:10 AM   #5
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Isle of Staten
Liked 854 Times on 626 Posts

They ask first to get you to look down. Never EVER EVER give money to beggars. It does nothing good for anyone and perpetuates the cycle.

Edit: as I typed this one of my guys called me to ask me to come over to a robbery. Kinda funny, sorry.

People Like This 
Old 12-31-2012, 06:48 AM   #6
iaefebs
Recipes 

Aug 2010
West Coast, MI
Liked 245 Times on 177 Posts

Airborne, my street smarts are from 40 years ago, Have things changed much? I know the beggar thing hasn't changed, but in my day you always carried $20 in case you got mugged, I assume that's about $80 now or is that too generous? Maybe $60? Theory was that you didn't want the mugger to get pissed if he was all hyped up, and nervous, and then found out you had no money.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:52 AM   #7
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaefebs View Post
Airborne, my street smarts are from 40 years ago, Have things changed much? I know the beggar thing hasn't changed but in my day you always carried $20 in case you got mugged, I assume that's about $80 now or is that too generous? Maybe $60? Theory was that you didn't want the mugger to get pissed if he was all hyped up and nervous and then found out you had no money.
Man, am I EVER glad I don't have to walk where there are beggars and muggers milling about. IMO, carrying around only a certain amount of cash for when they steal it from you is just bad. IF I had to do that, I'd carry only loose change in my pockets.

Fermenting
K1:

Old 12-31-2012, 07:08 AM   #8
Airplanedoc

Recipes 

Sep 2011
Illinois, Outside the peoples Republic of Madigan
Liked 394 Times on 273 Posts

That happened to a friend of mine who had been in special forces. He warned the guy to leave him alone, but the dumb a$$ demanded his wallet and pulled a knife anyway. By the time the cops arrived on the scene, my buddy had the knife, the dude was pinned to a wall on the very tips of his toes, with his own knife to his throat, and when my buddy whispered into his ear "I've killed far better men that you for less" the guy lost his bowel control. The cops were pretty cool about the whole thing, but not too pleased that this guy was going to be sitting in his own feces for the ride to jail.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:34 AM   #9
Dan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2010
Makakilo, Hawaii
Liked 2177 Times on 1363 Posts

We have beggers here. They claim street corners. Most of them are humble and friendly. I give a buck once in awhile. They all claim to be Vets which I don't realy believe.

Hard to imagine life on the streets and begging for a dollar. Stiil. I can't help but wonder; what if it were me? Life can throw a few curveballs along the way. Glad I'm not in the sistuation those guys are and don't know what exactly I would do if I was.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:41 AM   #10
Airplanedoc

Recipes 

Sep 2011
Illinois, Outside the peoples Republic of Madigan
Liked 394 Times on 273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
We have beggers here. They claim street corners.
I came out of a fast food place just after thanksgiving and two beggars were having a verbal confrontation over whose corner it was. I was waiting to see if they were going to throw down, as it was getting pretty heated and animated.