Beers of the Month gift? - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Beers of the Month gift?

Old 12-28-2012, 04:49 AM   #1
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Isle of Staten
Liked 855 Times on 626 Posts

My in-laws got me a beer of the month gift. Two months, two 12 packs. Anyone ever get one of these? What should I expect? The pamphlet I got for it specifically mentioned paying tribute to canned beers, so I'm praying for a Heady Topper.

Old 12-28-2012, 04:54 AM   #2
wetzie
Recipes 

Sep 2010
Baltimore MD, Maryland
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have received the bottle type gifts in the past. Usually two of each type and they will be themed with certain brewers.
I keep the boxes because it is a great way to ship home brews to out of towners.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:10 AM   #3
iaefebs
Recipes 

Aug 2010
West Coast, MI
Liked 245 Times on 177 Posts

Maybe something from Brewery Vivant? Hope so.

http://www.breweryvivant.com/index.p...packaged-beer/

Old 12-28-2012, 05:23 AM   #4
homebrewdad
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2012
Birmingham, AL
Liked 384 Times on 279 Posts

Good beer, bad beer, meh beer... clearly, your inlaws had their heart in the right place. Be glad for this, approach whatever beers you get with an open mind. At least you didn't get underwear or something similar.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #5
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Isle of Staten

I'm not upset, just wondering what to expect. I'd actually be extremely happy if they threw a Lima-a-rita in there. I might even be going to buy one real soon.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #6
Braufessor
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2011
NE Iowa, Iowa
Liked 928 Times on 646 Posts

I used to get this for a year or two - always looked forward to it. Most of the beers were good, some were great. I got different versions - sometimes two different 6 packs. Sometimes 6 sets of 2, etc. Always fun to see what showed up and read the information ("newsletter like") that came with it. Usually talked about the beers, the brewery, the styles and other stuff. Got kind of pricey though and have not looked into it in a while. What service/company is it through?

Old 12-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #7
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Isle of Staten

I actually don't know what company it is. I'll have to ask them.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:53 PM   #8
MalFet
/bɪər nɜrd/

Recipes 

May 2010
NYC / Kathmandu
Liked 1474 Times on 975 Posts

I've gotten this as a gift a couple of times. Like Braufessor said, most were good, some were great. It was often stuff that I'd never heard of before...popular regional beers from all over the place. Heady Topper would definitely be the kind of beer they tend to send out, though of course who knows!

Old 12-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #9
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2134 Times on 1409 Posts

Im no help but thats an incredibly thoughtful gift.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 12-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #10
vhanley
Recipes 

Dec 2012
Woodbridge, Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebrewdad View Post
Good beer, bad beer, meh beer... clearly, your inlaws had their heart in the right place. Be glad for this, approach whatever beers you get with an open mind. At least you didn't get underwear or something similar.
Pretty much spot on. One of my very good friends received this as a gift. For every outstanding surprise, there were two "What the hell did I just drink?!" experiences. Then again....the nice little surprise beers?....were awesome!

The one pain in the behind is there has to be someone over the age of 21 to receive it, which can be.....inconvenient.