Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Floating Plastic Island

Old 12-28-2012, 06:12 PM   #21
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 483 Times on 423 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezydemon3 View Post
Could you imagine?

3.5 million dollar homes suddenly not worth SH!T.

Bet there would be a movement to clean it up then!
Yup... Sad but true... Of course, no-one in those homes will get their hands dirty. The government will be called in to take care of the cleanup. So all of US will pay for this, even more so than we probably already are.

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 12-28-2012, 06:19 PM   #22
RobertRGeorge
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 49 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Here's something else to obsess about: the CO2 that the yeast gives off when you are home-brewing is adding to the problem of global warming. You could somewhat offset it though, by bubbling the gas through a tank of algae and using that to make spirulina smoothies. Or vent the gas into your indoor hop grow-op.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #23
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 483 Times on 423 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertRGeorge View Post
Here's something else to obsess about: the CO2 that the yeast gives off when you are home-brewing is adding to the problem of global warming. You could somewhat offset it though, by bubbling the gas through a tank of algae and using that to make spirulina smoothies. Or vent the gas into your indoor hop grow-op.
Smurf off...

Cows produce more greenhouse gasses, in a day, than we produce CO2 from fermenting in a year. So, in the interest of the planet, convert as many vegans as you can. Get them to eat meat again so that we can reduce the livestock carbon contribution. Let us have our rifles so that we can go out and thin the wild herds, reducing that carbon contribution too.

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 12-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #24
WesleyS
Are you actually reading this?
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 14 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3539 Times on 2359 Posts
Likes Given: 359

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertRGeorge
I knew the weather in my neighborhood has been unusually warm, or unusually cold.......whichever one is being blamed on global warming this week.
Oh, and I just mail Al Gore a check every time I ferment a batch so I'm covered.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:59 PM   #25
mcspanner
Recipes 

Liked 194 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Quote:
Lol. I think this was a humorous comment but on the off chance that your tongue wasn't firmly in cheek:

Your mind can rest easy as the CO2 produced by our wonderful fermentations is more than offset (many times over) by the growth of barley, wheat, oats, rice, barley and, of course, hops. This doesn't even touch on sugar products or fruit additions.

As far as producing CO2 goes we can all RDWHAHB

Old 12-28-2012, 07:30 PM   #26
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2716 Times on 2101 Posts
Likes Given: 372

I'm mad as hell and I've decided to do something about it. I'm going to hijack an oil tanker and pilot it to the great pacific garbage patch. Then I'll jettison the cargo, and light it on fire. Light the whole mess on fire, and it will all burn away. Sure, there'll be some fallout, but the junk will be gone. GONE! Thank you.
MalFet Likes This 
Old 12-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #27
AZ_IPA
PKU
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 6975 Times on 5900 Posts
Likes Given: 1137

I'm mad as hell that cheezy started a thread without capitalizing all of the letters in at least one word in the post title.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #28
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 4842 Times on 2894 Posts
Likes Given: 4057

I'd think the constant UV from the sun would break down the plastic relatively quickly.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:53 PM   #29
TheDudeLebowski
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 163 Times on 135 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
I'm mad as hell and I've decided to do something about it. I'm going to hijack an oil tanker and pilot it to the great pacific garbage patch. Then I'll jettison the cargo, and light it on fire. Light the whole mess on fire, and it will all burn away. Sure, there'll be some fallout, but the junk will be gone. GONE! Thank you.
There are programs that collect a lot of this plastic and incinerate it at high temperatures with little pollution.

http://green.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/...-fishing-nets/

There's a NOAA site that says one ton of fishing nets produces 25 days of power to a single home.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #30
Airplanedoc
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 392 Times on 271 Posts
Likes Given: 117

Quote:
There is a ethanol plant in my town I blame my carbon emissions on them