WANTED: Tower of power - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > For Sale > WANTED: Tower of power

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2012, 05:53 AM   #1
eksf26
Recipes 
 
Dec 2012
Posts: 34
iTrader: (0)
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts



Also needing:

Blichmann floor burner
A 15 gallon HLT

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
RyanITV
 
RyanITV's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2012
Lewes, Delaware
Posts: 27
iTrader: (0)
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


I've got a brand new floor burner that I'm not going to use, as I'm going the electric route. Assembled it, but never fired it up... give me your zip code and I'll see what shipping is to give you a price.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:41 PM   #3
eksf26
Recipes 
 
Dec 2012
Posts: 34
iTrader: (0)
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanitv
i've got a brand new floor burner that i'm not going to use, as i'm going the electric route. Assembled it, but never fired it up... Give me your zip code and i'll see what shipping is to give you a price.
68601

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #4
RyanITV
 
RyanITV's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2012
Lewes, Delaware
Posts: 27
iTrader: (0)
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Oof - my cost on shipping UPS Ground is $20. The last one I saw for sale on here sold for $125 in September of 2011 and was used half a dozed times. Considering mine is new, unused and the regulator is still wrapped in plastic, I'd like to get $130 for it. Add the cost of accepting PayPal and it's probably better to get one closer to you that you can pick up, or use a vendor that gives free shipping on a new one for $150.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:31 PM   #5
eksf26
Recipes 
 
Dec 2012
Posts: 34
iTrader: (0)
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanITV
Oof - my cost on shipping UPS Ground is $20. The last one I saw for sale on here sold for $125 in September of 2011 and was used half a dozed times. Considering mine is new, unused and the regulator is still wrapped in plastic, I'd like to get $130 for it. Add the cost of accepting PayPal and it's probably better to get one closer to you that you can pick up, or use a vendor that gives free shipping on a new one for $150.
We can use PayPal for free. I'll shop around, but is be willing to send 150$ for it shipped.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:08 PM   #6
WhiteDog87
Recipes 
 
Mar 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 145
iTrader: (0)
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts


Just out of curiosity, why not just buy a camp chef burner for $90? It does the same thing and is a heck of a lot cheaper. Dont get me wrong, I think blichmann makes great stuff and I love there ingenuity and creativity with their products, but its hard for me to justify paying 50% more for basically the same piece of equipment

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #7
RyanITV
 
RyanITV's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2012
Lewes, Delaware
Posts: 27
iTrader: (0)
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


I think he's going after the whole Tower of Power system, where the burners are mounted on the tower. FWIW, my Blichmann outperforms my Bayou Classic... heats faster, and is less likely to get blown out if it's breezy out there.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:21 PM   #8
eksf26
Recipes 
 
Dec 2012
Posts: 34
iTrader: (0)
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDog87
Just out of curiosity, why not just buy a camp chef burner for $90? It does the same thing and is a heck of a lot cheaper. Dont get me wrong, I think blichmann makes great stuff and I love there ingenuity and creativity with their products, but its hard for me to justify paying 50% more for basically the same piece of equipment
The bayou and banjo burners eat up propane. Can't even get through a whole brew session on one tank. Also, I want all stainless steel in my setup if possible.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #9
RyanITV
 
RyanITV's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2012
Lewes, Delaware
Posts: 27
iTrader: (0)
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Let me know if you want it - I can bring it into work on Monday and have it shipped.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #10
dallasdb
Recipes 
 
Sep 2010
Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 1,446
iTrader: (3)
Liked 139 Times on 94 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by eksf26 View Post

The bayou and banjo burners eat up propane. Can't even get through a whole brew session on one tank.
That is a bit of an exaggeration...

I get 3-4 brew sessions on my 5 gal tank and I'm doing 10 gal all grain batches.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tower of Power NMG318 Equipment/Sanitation 24 04-24-2013 01:14 AM
Tower of Power commander flatus Equipment/Sanitation 0 12-15-2012 01:40 AM
Tower of Power is out... Runyanka Equipment/Sanitation 47 06-10-2012 07:29 PM
Tower of Power! Ryush806 Equipment/Sanitation 0 03-26-2012 04:20 AM


Forum Jump