Cable boxes from Hell... - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Cable boxes from Hell...

Old 12-26-2012, 10:18 PM   #1
maxamuus

Recipes 

Apr 2010
Utah
Liked 66 Times on 54 Posts

Comcast called me about a month ago and asked if i wanted to try some new faster Internet for like 5 buck a month. I said sure.

Week later a cable tv box shows up. Being a nice guy i drove down to the office, waited in line, explained i never ordered cable tv i have dish. Guy says the phone sales guys do it all the time to "make their numbers" Whatever.

A month and half later. Another cable box shows up. I swear and leave it sitting on the porch.

2 days later another cable box is sitting out there.

Today UPS just left another cable box.

So now i have 3 F-ing boxes sitting on the porch in the snow that i never ordered.

I do have internet thru comcast, but not cable tv and i never ordered it. Do you think i have to return these f-ing things or can i just throw them in the garbage ?? Its BS that i would have to take my time to drive to the office, haul these big a$$ boxes in and wait in line to return them again. I never ordered them last time and i sure as $hit didnt order them this time.

COMCAST YOU SUCK!

PS They keep sending them 2nd day air too and these arent little boxes either.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #2
david_42

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Oak Grove, Oregon, USA
Liked 155 Times on 145 Posts

If I remember correctly, if you did not order something it is legally a gift. On the other hand, Comcast is famous for changing your contract without telling you. They added "Boost" to my service and started billing me for it. I had to go down in person and get it removed and a refund for the charge. At first, they would only refund "for the remaining part of the billing period". But I when I pointed out that they had nothing signed for the service originally, they were in violation of the contract.

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 12-26-2012, 10:38 PM   #3
Airplanedoc

Recipes 

Sep 2011
Illinois, Outside the peoples Republic of Madigan
Liked 394 Times on 273 Posts

They would be in a snow bank if it were me. You can always take them after the spring thaw, saying you just found them.

I would call them and tell them they can either authorize a UPS pickup or come and get them.

And yes Comcast sucks

Old 12-26-2012, 10:39 PM   #4
DoubleAught

Recipes 

May 2011
Seymour, Indiana
Liked 106 Times on 81 Posts

If they send them to you then they've added the box SN to your account. I'd take them in or eventually they will either want the box or the $ for the box.
In their efforts to regulate beer quality, the ancient Babylonians, who were among history's earliest brewers, decreed that any commercial beermaker who sold unfit beer would be drowned in their own libation.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:57 PM   #5
maxamuus

Recipes 

Apr 2010
Utah
Liked 66 Times on 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAught View Post
If they send them to you then they've added the box SN to your account. I'd take them in or eventually they will either want the box or the $ for the box.
Thats what i am worried about since i do have an account for my internet.

I think i will call them and tell them to either send a service man and pick them up or send out UPS to get them.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:07 PM   #6
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Aug 2006
Whitehouse Station, NJ
Liked 1767 Times on 1124 Posts

I would just call and tell them that there are three out there that you didn't order and someone better come get them before the boxes soak through.

Old 12-27-2012, 07:24 PM   #7
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 5024 Times on 3391 Posts

Check your service invoice for any unwanted fees. Then sell the boxes on Ebay.

Comcast is way too big for their own good. And ours.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:23 PM   #8
Bensiff

Recipes 

Mar 2008
, Washington, the state
Liked 398 Times on 316 Posts

My buddy bought his own modem and called Comcast to give them the MAC addresses set it up. They kept billing him for the modem rental and when he called they said that MAC address was in their database showing the modem was their property and made him prove with receipt that was in fact his equipment. Yup commiecast sucks.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #9
Zuljin
TR Fitness King
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2012
Defiance
Liked 5535 Times on 4682 Posts

Use the FCC and FTC websites to file complaints for each box. Put a copy of each complaint in each box. Neither dept will do anything for you directly, but Comcast will notice the complaints. The more they get, the more they notice. And the more the FCC and FTC notice, too. Use your state attorney general too. And the BBB, just for fun.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #10
TyTanium
Recipes 

Nov 2011
Liked 556 Times on 391 Posts

Call Comcast. They'll send you a postage-paid box for you to return them.