Homemade sake from gallon jugs drank with a straw - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Homemade sake from gallon jugs drank with a straw

Old 12-26-2012, 01:27 AM   #1
Aug 2012
Fort Meade
Liked 47 Times on 43 Posts

My first batches of homemade sake are now aged a couple months in a chest freezer. Oh man some are really good, too good. I've been sucking some with a straw out of the gallon jugs out of the chest freezer. That wil l mess you up really fast I will say that myuch.

I have learned my lesson though. The goal for a good sake is ZERO and I mean absolutely ZERO sediment in the gallon secondary jugs. The sediment tastes absolutely nasty in sake and I cannot see how cloudy sake could be enjoyable.

At first I thought sake was making me naseous, but I think it is just because it is very strong. If I drink about the same volume of water as I sucked down sake then no probelms it seems if there is little/no sediment. The sediment stuff nasty.

Phew the come up after sucking down sake is amazing, it just seems to come on sooo fast, very powerfu.Ok neee d to start another batch. Mabe not tonight though.