Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Can I fix my sour without blending?
Old 12-25-2012, 01:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Can I fix my sour without blending?

I brewed a spontaneous sour with all barley in August. It started out quite ropey with a decent amount of diacetyl in the first few weeks before I dumped the dregs in from a bottle of Cantillon.

It has been hidden away in a bucket in a cupboard at my parents house (just under room temperature - not ideal I know) since then and I tried it a couple of days ago. It is hugely sour - double or tripple the harshness of any commercial sour I've tried, but doesn't have much acetic, vinegar character. I think it's mostly lactic acid, but to be honest I might not be the best judge.

Any idea what could be the cause of such harsh acidity so quickly and is there any way that I might be able to fix it without blending?

p.s. Merry Christmas!