Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Yet another Infection concern

Old 12-22-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
houndazs
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Yet another Infection concern

So i have brewed about 10 batches of beer, with my many Mr. Beer kits i have. This is the first time i have seen this in my fermenter. This is an American Ale HME with 12oz of DME. Fermentation started on the 12th of Dec. at 72F, OG @ 1.042. I have never seen these white floaties on the top like this before. Im going to bottle anyway at 2 weeks providing my FG is within limits. Should i rack to a secondary and ladle off the "infection", or just bottle and let it sit, to see what happens? I have never racked to a secondary, but thought it may be usefull to see if the "infection" persists. Thanks for the input guys!!!!!!!
Click image for larger version

Name:	infection.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	89739

Old 12-22-2012, 01:29 PM   #2
MotorcycleMatt
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 60 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by houndazs View Post
So i have brewed about 10 batches of beer, with my many Mr. Beer kits i have. This is the first time i have seen this in my fermenter. This is an American Ale HME with 12oz of DME. Fermentation started on the 12th of Dec. at 72F, OG @ 1.042. I have never seen these white floaties on the top like this before. Im going to bottle anyway at 2 weeks providing my FG is within limits. Should i rack to a secondary and ladle off the "infection", or just bottle and let it sit, to see what happens? I have never racked to a secondary, but thought it may be usefull to see if the "infection" persists. Thanks for the input guys!!!!!!!
Looks normal to me, all I see are yeast rafts and co2 bottles

Old 12-22-2012, 01:57 PM   #3
houndazs
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorcycleMatt View Post
Looks normal to me, all I see are yeast rafts and co2 bottles
sweet....didn't know the yeast floated and clumped like that. thanks Matt! Now lets see if the batch i started yesterday starts to ferment......Damn you Mr. Beer yeast! Im out of Nottingham Yeast and no HBS here in Kuwait

Old 12-22-2012, 04:33 PM   #4
MotorcycleMatt
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 60 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by houndazs View Post

sweet....didn't know the yeast floated and clumped like that. thanks Matt! Now lets see if the batch i started yesterday starts to ferment......Damn you Mr. Beer yeast! Im out of Nottingham Yeast and no HBS here in Kuwait
No problem, they can clump and look pretty funky.