Fringe!!! - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Fringe!!!

Old 12-20-2012, 05:32 PM   #1
bobbrews
Recipes 

Jan 2011
Sierra, Nevada
Liked 440 Times on 351 Posts

Are you a fan? Now in it's 5th season, I have been watching this show since the Pilot in 2008. Sadly, the series will conclude on January 18, 2013. No sixth season unless another network picks them up for new material.

Fringe is an oddly entertaining show with a somewhat complex plot that has more sensible comprehension than J.J. Abrams old show, LOST. Plus, Olivia and Henrietta are hot, and the observers remind me of the guys from that movie, The Adjustment Bureau.

Discuss!!

Old 12-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
Beer-lord
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2012
Burbs of the Big Easy, La
Liked 184 Times on 148 Posts

I've been there since the beginning and it's one of my favorite shows but I'm a simpleton.
Most seasons have been very good but this one, though short, is the best. It's Friday night time slot killed it but for some reason, Si-Fi can't make it on tv too long.
Even shows like X-files were not holding up well next to all the reality crap that started.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:53 PM   #3
bobbrews
Recipes 

Jan 2011
Sierra, Nevada
Liked 440 Times on 351 Posts

Yes. Well this is a FOX show. Sci-Fi is just playing re-runs. On FOX, the 9pm Friday time slot sucks. But at least I have DVR.

Another great show on at weird time slot is Breaking Bad...
10pm on Sundays in the Summertime???

Old 12-20-2012, 05:55 PM   #4
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2010
Liked 496 Times on 431 Posts

I thought they were picked up by another network...

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 12-20-2012, 06:32 PM   #5
Beer-lord
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2012
Burbs of the Big Easy, La
Liked 184 Times on 148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbrews
Yes. Well this is a FOX show. Sci-Fi is just playing re-runs. On FOX, the 9pm Friday time slot sucks. But at least I have DVR.

Another great show on at weird time slot is Breaking Bad...
10pm on Sundays in the Summertime???
I meant the genre sc-fi first do well on the networks. The Sy-Fy Channel is a different animal entirely and I think is Brit owned.

It's hard to believe but Olivia and Walter hide their native accents very well in this show.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #6
artemis
Recipes 

Nov 2011
Toronto, ON

I <3 Fringe. That is all.

Old 12-21-2012, 04:59 AM   #7
ToV
Recipes 

Jul 2009
, Vermont
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer-lord View Post
I meant the genre sc-fi first do well on the networks. The Sy-Fy Channel is a different animal entirely and I think is Brit owned.
according to wiki syfy is "Owned by NBCUniversal (subsidiary of Comcast and General Electric)"

That is why Eureka got canceled not because of ratings, but because of productions costs and profits to new parents.