Keg Connection New Inline Flow Control Valve Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Beginning Brewers Opinions Needed!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:14 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I am about to start brewing also once Santa arrives.
I think trying to get into the beginner segment will be tough. Most of the sites I've looked at offer some cheap starter pots. I think brewers that are buying the starter kits from these sites would be inclined to buy the pots as well.
The beginners here on HBT; I don't think are regular beginners. We have done more research than other beginners and better know the value of having pots like yours instead of basic pots.
I think there may be a need for 5 to 8 gal pots in the market for people who prefer small batch brewing.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #12
struggling author
Liked 3118 Times on 2684 Posts
Likes Given: 2224

The very reason for my reply. Some do small batches in 5 gallon BK's. I do partial boils in mine,whether partial mash biab or partial boil extracts. I've gotten a lot of mileage out of that SS stock pot. But the extra gadgets would've been nice.

My sci-fi & home brewing books on amazon-kindle now! New additions coming!
NEW, REVISED EDITION of book one of Time Lords 2034 series now on Amazon Kindle!
My homebrewing book "Tippy Tippy Tappy" on Kindle!
Old 12-21-2012, 05:22 AM   #13
Vendor Ads 
Liked 82 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 81

Thanks for the reply's! A lot of your concerns are ours as well. As for the weldless... We believe the weldless design is inferior to the welded and we will never offer it.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:05 PM   #14
Liked 92 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 54

I understand your thinking on the weldless design but you might want to reconsider particularly if your targeting new brewers. Often times when people are trying a new hobby the barrier to entry is the dollar commitment. While the weldless option may be a lesser quality its still a functional design and could be the product that bring customers into the door.

I run a printing company and we do alot of custom orders for people who frankly have no clue. One of the tactics we use that I'm a big proponent of is giving the client 3 options at 3 price points. A good, a better, and a best. People like it and while the sweet spot is almost always the "better" option the business man in me would never want to have a client leave because we couldn't offer them something they cant afford and likewise I wouldn't want to cut into my earning potential by not offering a high end product to the "money is no concern" client.

Just my take on it. Best of luck to you no matter how you decide to proceed.
Fish Monger Ale House
On Tap
The Fallen - Maibock
Unearthly IIPA
American Black Ale
CT-A3 - Centennial Amber
Imperial Amber
English Bitter

the_trout on untappd