A question about perfect machines - Page 52 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > A question about perfect machines

Old 12-31-2012, 07:32 AM   #511
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Liked 791 Times on 539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddiggie View Post
You can try... I'll just open a window and freeze your FL buttocks. Or have some chili first and lock all the windows and let 'em rip.
Below 72 degrees fahrenheit, I freeze, I want some chili... homemade right?

Old 12-31-2012, 07:35 AM   #512
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2010
Liked 496 Times on 431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbiLynn View Post
Below 72 degrees fahrenheit, I freeze, I want some chili... homemade right?
It's 21F outside right now... As I mentioned earlier, the lowest it will be, this week, is 4F (at night). Won't get above 34F this week for a daytime high.

Of course the chili is home made. What type of heathen do you take me for? Don't answer that. I even grind the meat up myself for it. Soak the beans at least overnight too. No stupid seasoning packs used here (unlike my sister and brother-in-law ).

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 12-31-2012, 07:37 AM   #513
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012

Quote:
Of course the chili is home made. What type of heathen do you take me for? Don't answer that. I even grind the meat up myself for it. Soak the beans at least overnight too. No stupid seasoning packs used here (unlike my sister and brother-in-law ).
Seasoning packs piss me off... can you pass me a bowl?

Old 12-31-2012, 07:42 AM   #514
Dan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2010
Makakilo, Hawaii
Liked 2196 Times on 1377 Posts

Are we talking about chilli. Pass me a bowl too.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:46 AM   #515
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012

I know something went over my head, but I'm not sure what... just gonna eat this bowl of homemade chili and be thankful...

Old 12-31-2012, 07:47 AM   #516
Dan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2010
Makakilo, Hawaii
Liked 2196 Times on 1377 Posts

I'm sitting here in my home, it's wnter but I keep the temp low cause I like cool. I'm weariing socks, sweatpants and two shirts. Very snugy. Tonight will climb into my bed with a big warm comforter. Nice

Old 12-31-2012, 07:52 AM   #517
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2010

How cold can it be out in CA?? Seriously...

I don't have that much chili left from the previous batch. It is on my list of things to make though. I made turkey soup on Saturday from the xmas bird carcass. Next up is another batch of pasta sauce. Need to get that made this week too. IF I have the room in my freezer, I'll make a batch of chili too. Just need to be sure I can get the 4-5 kinds of hot peppers I use. At least 4-5 habanero's are used in the batch. A couple of jalapeno's, serrano peppers, and whatever else looks good. Few onions too. Both the sauce and chili have to be made in my 16 qt stainless pot. Everything else is too F'ing small. Eventually, I'm sure I'll be making batches too big for that too.

Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 12-31-2012, 07:58 AM   #518
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012

Quote:
How cold can it be out in CA?? Seriously...

I don't have that much chili left from the previous batch. It is on my list of things to make though. I made turkey soup on Saturday from the xmas bird carcass. Next up is another batch of pasta sauce. Need to get that made this week too. IF I have the room in my freezer, I'll make a batch of chili too. Just need to be sure I can get the 4-5 kinds of hot peppers I use. At least 4-5 habanero's are used in the batch. A couple of jalapeno's, serrano peppers, and whatever else looks good. Few onions too. Both the sauce and chili have to be made in my 16 qt stainless pot. Everything else is too F'ing small. Eventually, I'm sure I'll be making batches too big for that too.

I'm going to send you some peppers as soon as they start making again. Fungus got to them last season and I was unable to correct it, due to rain washing away my corrections. Had some great habaneros, jalapenos, bells, I could go on and on. **** fungus and their ruining effects.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:59 AM   #519
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2010

Let me know when you have some to send up... Not sure if I'll still be in NH, or if I'll be in Maine by then. Send them up and I'll send down some of what I use them in.

Fermenting
K1:

Old 12-31-2012, 08:13 AM   #520
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012

Dang, this conversation is getting to be too normal....