Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Best price on Blichmann Top Tier Burner?

Old 12-17-2012, 05:06 PM   #1
chemman14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 97

Default Best price on Blichmann Top Tier Burner?

I know all the online places charge the same price for the burner, but is there anywhere that offers free shipping? I don't know why anyone charges shipping on this thing as they aren't the ones paying the shipping cost, blichmann ships it for them.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:22 PM   #2
swackattack
Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Rebel brewer ships them for free

Old 12-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #3
LuiInIdaho
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default Williams Brewing

I purchased one recently through Williams Brewing in San Leandro, along with the kit for converting a floor burner to the Top Tier Stand. Total shipping cost was $6.95 (their usual shipping cost for those on the western side of the United States). The conversion kit was sent from California and the burner was drop shipped from Lafayette IN. To be honest, I was surprised that the shipping was only $6.95 for me. I was expecting to pay a lot more for the shipping of the burner.

I hope that this helps.

Mark

Old 12-17-2012, 06:32 PM   #4
chemman14
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuiInIdaho View Post
I purchased one recently through Williams Brewing in San Leandro, along with the kit for converting a floor burner to the Top Tier Stand. Total shipping cost was $6.95 (their usual shipping cost for those on the western side of the United States). The conversion kit was sent from California and the burner was drop shipped from Lafayette IN. To be honest, I was surprised that the shipping was only $6.95 for me. I was expecting to pay a lot more for the shipping of the burner.

I hope that this helps.

Mark
Williams is in CA so I would also have to pay tax on that. Thanks for the tip about rebel brewer swackattack

Old 12-18-2012, 02:36 AM   #5
instinct2
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 11

www.greatfermentations.com They have direct access to Blichmann (Lafayette, IN), being in Indianapolis. You can also accumulate points through them. I bought my first brew kit from them and some other equipment. Went in couple weeks later and purchased the Floor Burner and leg stands, used my points and received another 30 dollars off.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:49 AM   #6
Gear101
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 71 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 187

I can buy them at my LHBS and no shipping, same price.
Islamorada Pale Ale by Island Time Brewery

Stainless is Painless

Old 12-18-2012, 03:04 AM   #7
chemman14
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear101 View Post
I can buy them at my LHBS and no shipping, same price.
+ tax which is 10% at my LHBS

Old 12-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #8
Barnesie
Recipes 

Liked 65 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 10

As far as I know, blichmann will only sell to vendors that agree to their minimum prices, so essentially everyone sells it for the same price or they won't be allowed to sell anymore. Some vendors will offer $0 shipping to be competitive and still honor the pricing commitments.

Occasionally, you will find a local retailer that will be flexible on pricing in person but they can't advertise anything but what Blichmann dictates.

The other thing to think is that if it's only a few bucks difference, you can gain some goodwill with a local supplier by giving your money to them instead of one of the mail-order folks.
Bottles: none
Keg: Junkyard IPA, Alagash Belgian Tripel clone

Beware: Everyone is an expert on the internet.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #9
chemman14
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnesie View Post
As far as I know, blichmann will only sell to vendors that agree to their minimum prices, so essentially everyone sells it for the same price or they won't be allowed to sell anymore. Some vendors will offer $0 shipping to be competitive and still honor the pricing commitments.

Occasionally, you will find a local retailer that will be flexible on pricing in person but they can't advertise anything but what Blichmann dictates.

The other thing to think is that if it's only a few bucks difference, you can gain some goodwill with a local supplier by giving your money to them instead of one of the mail-order folks.
I would love to give support to the local guy but at 10% sales tax its just not worth it. I went with rebel brewer as they offered free shipping.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:08 PM   #10
Redcat
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Looking to get one, and it doesn't look like Rebel Brewing has free shipping on these. Austin Homebrew has $6.99 shipping, but doesn't have them listed as "in stock".

Northern Brewer is $20 bucks, and Midwest is $25. Everyone else has been pretty close to those prices.