Best price on Blichmann Top Tier Burner? - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Best price on Blichmann Top Tier Burner?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #1
chemman14
Recipes 
 
Mar 2009
Newbury Park, CA
Posts: 1,649
Liked 37 Times on 33 Posts



I know all the online places charge the same price for the burner, but is there anywhere that offers free shipping? I don't know why anyone charges shipping on this thing as they aren't the ones paying the shipping cost, blichmann ships it for them.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
swackattack
Recipes 
 
Dec 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 695
Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts


Rebel brewer ships them for free

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:28 PM   #3
LuiInIdaho
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
LuiInIdaho's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2011
Ponderay, Idaho
Posts: 442
Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts


I purchased one recently through Williams Brewing in San Leandro, along with the kit for converting a floor burner to the Top Tier Stand. Total shipping cost was $6.95 (their usual shipping cost for those on the western side of the United States). The conversion kit was sent from California and the burner was drop shipped from Lafayette IN. To be honest, I was surprised that the shipping was only $6.95 for me. I was expecting to pay a lot more for the shipping of the burner.

I hope that this helps.

Mark

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:32 PM   #4
chemman14
Recipes 
 
Mar 2009
Newbury Park, CA
Posts: 1,649
Liked 37 Times on 33 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by LuiInIdaho View Post
I purchased one recently through Williams Brewing in San Leandro, along with the kit for converting a floor burner to the Top Tier Stand. Total shipping cost was $6.95 (their usual shipping cost for those on the western side of the United States). The conversion kit was sent from California and the burner was drop shipped from Lafayette IN. To be honest, I was surprised that the shipping was only $6.95 for me. I was expecting to pay a lot more for the shipping of the burner.

I hope that this helps.

Mark
Williams is in CA so I would also have to pay tax on that. Thanks for the tip about rebel brewer swackattack

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:36 AM   #5
instinct2
Recipes 
 
Oct 2011
west lafayette, in
Posts: 111
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts


www.greatfermentations.com They have direct access to Blichmann (Lafayette, IN), being in Indianapolis. You can also accumulate points through them. I bought my first brew kit from them and some other equipment. Went in couple weeks later and purchased the Floor Burner and leg stands, used my points and received another 30 dollars off.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:49 AM   #6
Gear101
Recipes 
 
Nov 2010
USA
Posts: 2,069
Liked 73 Times on 68 Posts


I can buy them at my LHBS and no shipping, same price.
__________________
Island Time Brewery
Kegs:
Black Caesar Imperial Stout by Island Time Brewery
Islamorada Pale Ale by Island Time Brewery

Stainless is Painless

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:04 AM   #7
chemman14
Recipes 
 
Mar 2009
Newbury Park, CA
Posts: 1,649
Liked 37 Times on 33 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear101 View Post
I can buy them at my LHBS and no shipping, same price.
+ tax which is 10% at my LHBS

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:46 PM   #8
Barnesie
Recipes 
 
Apr 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 362
Liked 67 Times on 35 Posts


As far as I know, blichmann will only sell to vendors that agree to their minimum prices, so essentially everyone sells it for the same price or they won't be allowed to sell anymore. Some vendors will offer $0 shipping to be competitive and still honor the pricing commitments.

Occasionally, you will find a local retailer that will be flexible on pricing in person but they can't advertise anything but what Blichmann dictates.

The other thing to think is that if it's only a few bucks difference, you can gain some goodwill with a local supplier by giving your money to them instead of one of the mail-order folks.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:30 PM   #9
chemman14
Recipes 
 
Mar 2009
Newbury Park, CA
Posts: 1,649
Liked 37 Times on 33 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnesie View Post
As far as I know, blichmann will only sell to vendors that agree to their minimum prices, so essentially everyone sells it for the same price or they won't be allowed to sell anymore. Some vendors will offer $0 shipping to be competitive and still honor the pricing commitments.

Occasionally, you will find a local retailer that will be flexible on pricing in person but they can't advertise anything but what Blichmann dictates.

The other thing to think is that if it's only a few bucks difference, you can gain some goodwill with a local supplier by giving your money to them instead of one of the mail-order folks.
I would love to give support to the local guy but at 10% sales tax its just not worth it. I went with rebel brewer as they offered free shipping.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:08 PM   #10
Redcat
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Seattle, WA
Posts: 108
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


Looking to get one, and it doesn't look like Rebel Brewing has free shipping on these. Austin Homebrew has $6.99 shipping, but doesn't have them listed as "in stock".

Northern Brewer is $20 bucks, and Midwest is $25. Everyone else has been pretty close to those prices.

 
Reply With Quote


Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem with top burner on Blichmann Top Tier Stand dermotstratton Equipment/Sanitation 2 10-20-2012 04:40 PM
Blichmann Burner legs, Blichmann thrumometer chezhed For Sale 1 09-05-2012 01:26 AM
Blichmann Fermentor - Is this a good price? adamjackson Equipment/Sanitation 7 07-15-2012 03:29 PM
Blichmann Top Tier - Shelf Tier gigemeh For Sale 0 08-16-2011 03:05 AM
Blichmann Top Tier Burner (with extension legs) jvcjbl Equipment/Sanitation 2 07-15-2011 01:17 AM


Forum Jump