Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Bottler's: I commend you all

Old 12-21-2012, 11:07 PM   #31
Varmintman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 662 Times on 416 Posts
Likes Given: 828

The part of bottling that sucks for me is waiting till I have enough empty to bottle. I got 12 cases full right now and only one case empty with a Irish red ready to bottle now. Good thing it is beer and cigar night

Old 12-21-2012, 11:09 PM   #32
techbrewie
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts

Yep bottling is awful! go kegging

Old 12-22-2012, 02:42 AM   #33
Chemfreak
Recipes 

Likes Given: 6

I was told that if you are sure to rinse well after finishing one off, then running through the dishwasher as hot as you could get it cleans/sanitizes pretty well. This was from a local homebrew shop.

I like bottling 1 liter bottles, and I can fit more than a full 5 gallon batch with it.

Old 12-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #34
CheshireCat
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 241 View Post
I've noticed swing top bottles don't hold the same carbonation/pressure as crown tops (at least not for me) and are a little more flat in general. I prefer the crown tops, in 22 oz if available.
I like the 22s but you gotta buy em ($10 for 12 at my LHBS). The 12s are free when you drink a beer and get the labels off. I usually just put 2 cases into a plastic bin with sanitizer water and let it sit there for several days, and when I get around to it the labels are falling off.

I use the Avery 5164 (Staples brand) sheets to print beer labels if I'm gifting, and usually I give the growlers. Unless its my dad, I'll give him a six pack of 12s. Growlers make a nice presentation as a gift but they never come back so I'm using more and more 12s as time goes by.

I'll probably unload the Grolsch bottles. If anybody in the RI/MA area wants them for brewing, send me a message. I have a full green bin of them and you can come get em free any time.

Old 12-22-2012, 05:51 PM   #35
newb
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireCat

I like the 22s but you gotta buy em ($10 for 12 at my LHBS). The 12s are free when you drink a beer and get the labels off.
So are the 22s.....

Old 12-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #36
jiggs_casey
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 73

The monotony of bottling sucks. Stuck, at the sink, repeating the same thing over and over. Or, stuck at the bottling bucket, repeating the same thing, over and over. I tend to get antsy if I sit too long...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigeb View Post
It's my God-given right to be as stupid as I want to be. How dare the government get in the way.
Go Beer!

Old 12-22-2012, 09:00 PM   #37
TNGabe
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2246 Times on 1519 Posts
Likes Given: 2345

Girls, girls, girls - you're all pretty!
Old 12-22-2012, 09:06 PM   #38
PistolaPete
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 11

@ rcrabb22: Use Revvy's bottling techniques and it will go by A LOT quicker and easier. I actually enjoy bottling now that I follow his advice. Of course, It doesn't hurt to have some tunes playing and a homebrew in hand!

Old 12-23-2012, 03:49 PM   #39
CheshireCat
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
So are the 22s.....
I guess I deserved that. But have you noticed how many "fancy growlers" are out there. As in 22s with a non-conforming top? Usually a 12 crown top is a 12 crown top.

Old 12-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #40
newb
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireCat

I guess I deserved that. But have you noticed how many "fancy growlers" are out there. As in 22s with a non-conforming top? Usually a 12 crown top is a 12 crown top.
Yeah I was just bustin balls man, but actually it is getting ridiculous the tops, and keep an eye out on the 12s now too. I de labeled before I bottled the other day and then filled a 12oz bottle only to find out the ring my wing capper grabs onto under the mouth to crimp, was too thin on a bottle. Had to drink it flat :-/ haha, so then I looked and found 3 more like this in the bunch of bottles, wish I knew what company it was. Anyone else run into this / know what ring I'm talking about?