pics of my first brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bfinleyui

Reaction score
Since Yooper kept telling people to post pics, thought I would come and share my first brew. A little over carbed, a little too much clove, but overall, not bad. Thanks for your help, everyone

rLfvg.png

ForumRunner_20121216_193919.jpg

Taste's good. It's a wit that i fermented fairly low, temp-wise, so it's mostly clove. Tastes like eber to me, fiancee says it's really good. Just a bit too fizzy (primed for 5 gallons, only ended up getting 4 racked).

Only problem is that I kept promising people bottles of my first brew, so of the 37 bottles I got out of the first batch, only 7 of them are for me. Whoops.

Taste's good. It's a wit that i fermented fairly low, temp-wise, so it's mostly clove. Tastes like eber to me, fiancee says it's really good. Just a bit too fizzy (primed for 5 gallons, only ended up getting 4 racked).

Only problem is that I kept promising people bottles of my first brew, so of the 37 bottles I got out of the first batch, only 7 of them are for me. Whoops.

Never promise people you will give them beer. I have always said "If you wan't one, come over." That way you can regulate what you give out and attempt to keep some for yourself.

It's a beginner mistake. You live and you learn.

Congrats on your first brew.

Never promise people you will give them beer. I have always said "If you wan't one, come over." That way you can regulate what you give out and attempt to keep some for yourself.

yeah, figured that out the hard way. Guess I'll just have to keep brewing. Poor me.

at least this way I can call it a christmas present and save a ton of money.

Or just lie and say it tastes like cat piss, you'll have to wait till my next batach, which you screwed up as well. Damit one of these days I'll get this brewing down.....:D

RIC0 said:
Or just lie and say it tastes like cat piss

"Cat piss" is, oddly enough, a popular characteristic of certain American hop varieties. So you can say that without necessarily even lying!

Honestly though, if you really get into brewing and AREN'T a raging alcoholic, you often start producing waaaay more than you can consume. Giving away beer becomes a good excuse for brewing a new batch!

Back