is there a way...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure, give it enough time. :eek:

Personally, I just dry hop in keg, when I dry hop. Two weeks at serving temperature (and pressure to carbonate) and it's ready to drink. I leave the bag of hops in the keg until it kicks.

If you bottle, just add them after fermentation has finished (give it another week before you add the hops) then bottle up 5-10 days later. Different hop varieties will need more, or less, time in the brew in order to give you what you want. Most will be good/great in 5-8 days.

If our keging you beer you could always rig up a hop randall or hop rocket. but it would not be exactly the same.

Can it be done in two?

Not without additional hardware/steps/processes. You'll get something from a two day dry hop, but most would consider it too little to be worth the hop use.

BTW, I've found that hop bursting can be almost as effective, for flavor and aroma, as dry hopping a batch. I used the hop bursting for my latest IPA (7.5 oz total all 20 minutes from the end forward) and it's got almost as strong a hop flavor/aroma as if I had dry hopped it in keg. That was after it sat in fermenter for an extra month (or so).

Back