Sad sad day.. - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Home Brewing Photo Forum > Sad sad day..

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2012, 01:04 AM   #1
3RiverBrewer
Recipes 
 
Apr 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 29
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts



The picture speaks for itself... 5 gallons gone before I could even try it..

I guess I will have to drink my sorrows away..


Click image for larger version

Name:	Disaster.jpg
Views:	1392
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	88683  
__________________
On Tap: 1. Citrus IPA 2. Pumpkin Ale 3. Scottish Wee Heavy 4. Glacier White IPA

Fermenting: 1. Breakfast Stout 2. Pumpkin Wheat 3. Centenial IPA

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:11 AM   #2
bad67z
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
Feb 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 1,878
Liked 110 Times on 77 Posts


Wow!! That sucks!! Can't tell form the photo, what happened?



 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:17 AM   #3
beaksnbeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
beaksnbeer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
May 2011
New Port Richey, Florida
Posts: 2,844
Liked 505 Times on 334 Posts


Appears to have had a keg leak into the bottom of kezzer. 2nd one I have seen reported here recently My condolences on your loss
__________________
Quote:
Home of the 12 Tap keezer

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:20 AM   #4
annasdadhockey
Recipes 
 
Jan 2009
Kingston, PA
Posts: 1,761
Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by 3RiverBrewer View Post
The picture speaks for itself... 5 gallons gone before I could even try it..

I guess I will have to drink my sorrows away..
Correct me if I am wrong, but is that an auto siphon stuck into the beery demise? Are you gonna try to drink it? Kudos to you for the effort. (I probably would have done the same thing!!!)

Sorry for your loss, though.
__________________
Anybody can be a rockstar when the rest of the room is wearing helmets and drooling on themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc View Post
Things are going great too. I think I've only punched her in the face 3 times!
FERMENTING: Heady Topper Clone?
CONDITIONING: 40 gallons KBS clone in a Jim Beam Barrel (since 11/24/12)
DRINKING: Smoked Robust Porter, Orange Coriander Pale Ale #5
THINKING: first foray into lagers?

passedpawn Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:31 AM   #5
TNGabe
Recipes 
 
Aug 2012
Posts: 6,653
Liked 2281 Times on 1538 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by annasdadhockey View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but is that an auto siphon stuck into the beery demise? Are you gonna try to drink it? Kudos to you for the effort. (I probably would have done the same thing!!!)

Sorry for your loss, though.
Homebrewers drink their mistakes, right?
__________________
The only thing worse than dumping beer is serving beer you should have dumped.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:34 AM   #6
b-boy
16%er
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
b-boy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2011
The Frozen Tundra, NY
Posts: 4,301
Liked 1204 Times on 785 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by 3RiverBrewer View Post
I guess I will have to drink my sorrows away..
Looks like you'll need a straw.
__________________
Never underestimate the potential of someone who refuses to act their age.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:43 AM   #7
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_ADMIN.png
 
passedpawn's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2009
☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Posts: 25,675
Liked 6635 Times on 3922 Posts


wet/dry vac sucks that clean in about 5 seconds. ask me how I know.

Stauffbier Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:44 AM   #8
annasdadhockey
Recipes 
 
Jan 2009
Kingston, PA
Posts: 1,761
Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
wet/dry vac sucks that clean in about 5 seconds. ask me how I know.
How do you kn..., oh nevermind.
__________________
Anybody can be a rockstar when the rest of the room is wearing helmets and drooling on themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc View Post
Things are going great too. I think I've only punched her in the face 3 times!
FERMENTING: Heady Topper Clone?
CONDITIONING: 40 gallons KBS clone in a Jim Beam Barrel (since 11/24/12)
DRINKING: Smoked Robust Porter, Orange Coriander Pale Ale #5
THINKING: first foray into lagers?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:45 AM   #9
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_ADMIN.png
 
passedpawn's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2009
☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Posts: 25,675
Liked 6635 Times on 3922 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by annasdadhockey View Post
How do you kn..., oh nevermind.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:51 AM   #10
annasdadhockey
Recipes 
 
Jan 2009
Kingston, PA
Posts: 1,761
Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
Nice pellicle developing in that shop vac.


__________________
Anybody can be a rockstar when the rest of the room is wearing helmets and drooling on themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc View Post
Things are going great too. I think I've only punched her in the face 3 times!
FERMENTING: Heady Topper Clone?
CONDITIONING: 40 gallons KBS clone in a Jim Beam Barrel (since 11/24/12)
DRINKING: Smoked Robust Porter, Orange Coriander Pale Ale #5
THINKING: first foray into lagers?

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools



Forum Jump