Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Tower of Power

Old 12-15-2012, 01:40 AM   #1
commander flatus
Mar 2007
sliver by the river
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just a few quick notes about the Blichmann Tower of Power, a quasi-review -

I run a natural gas Brutus 10 type setup with hurricane burners and a natural gas orifice from Williams Brewing. I found that I needed to us my drill press to enlarge the orifice to get the thing to ignite consistently.

I also had to swap out the off the shelf natural gas hose from Lowes (3/8"?) for a proper 1/2 inch hose to increase gas flow.

Finally, as I received it the ignition cycle seemed to only open the valve for about a half second before it would alarm from not detecting a flame. I don't think I screwed up the PID settings, but I might have. I attached the data cable which costs about $900 (sarcasm) and did a factory reset. Now it all works good.

I'd like to do something similar for my hot water tank, but I cannot spend that much money for the hot water tank without losing my testicles. I have some PIDs,anyone know where I can find a project box to match the Blichmannn?

Anyway, I think it's a nice product. I think it's at least 150 bucks overpriced.

still flatulent