Originally Posted by deadguyry
I appreciate the response what was your recipe and let me know how it came out
5.75 lb Wheat Malt, Pale (Weyermann) (1.5 SRM) Grain 63.89 %
3.00 lb Pilsner (Weyermann) (1.9 SRM) Grain 33.33 %
0.25 lb Carawheat (Weyermann) (45.0 SRM) Grain 2.78 %
0.50 oz Hallertauer [7.20 %] (60 min) Hops 13.7 IBU
1 Pkgs Weihenstephan Weizen (Wyeast Labs #3068) Yeast-Wheat
Also first time using Carawheat. I figured I'd just add a quarter pound, just to give it a little extra sweetness, just curious to see what it adds. And yeah, that Hallertauer I used was 7.2% AA, abnormally high for that hop type but I called and confirmed it was correct. I'd been holding off for some time now but figured it was time to use them.
Did a Ferulic Acid rest at 110 for 20 minutes
Did a Protein rest at 122 for 20 minutes
Mashed at 154 for 60 minutes
60 minute boil
Fermented at 68 but this time the 3068 was the most aggressive I've ever had, and I've had some aggressive ferments with it. So my temp at one point hit 70.
Since I tightened my mill gap even tighter for the wheat this time I hit my usual 81% efficiency which is what I always got for barley. I wasn't expecting that though so I came in at 1.056 so Beersmith's ABV estimate is 5.57%, which is fine, I don't care but I do usually strive for 5% even for my hefe's.