Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Bottle question...

Old 12-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #11
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2855 Times on 1690 Posts
Likes Given: 3507

Quote:
Originally Posted by rklinck View Post
Revvy -- my wife drinks champagne so we have bottles around frequently. Will I be able to cap them with my handheld bottle capper or will I need a bench capper?

Standard handheld. Most domestic use the ones that take normal crown caps

If it's the bigger sized caps you need the larger bell, then you have to turn your plates over on the red barron/Emily capper and buying a 29mm capping bell.

And these caps from Norther Brewer.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 12-11-2012, 11:26 PM   #12
mufflerbearing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I soak pry off bottles in a hot.soluition of oxyclean FREE for about 30 min. In the sink. Then the labels come right off and with a sponge or brush the glue comes off. Then I rinse well with freshwater then off to the dishwasher for the sanitizing cycle ( no detergent). After that I bottle directly from the dishwasher passing through a bucket of star San to cool them a little and sanitize them just before bottling. Also if you spill some All you have to do os close the dishwasher and run a rinse cycle. It's not Necessarily the right way, but it's my way. Have fun!

Also I have not had good luck with some Mexican beer bottles.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	88083  

Old 12-12-2012, 12:42 AM   #13
BrewerBear
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by menerdari View Post
A jet type bottle washer is real handy, this is the one I use,
I like the double jet bottle washer http://www.austinhomebrew.com/produc...roducts_id=906