Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Other > In Line Oxygen / CO2 Injection

Old 12-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
MaxOut
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 62 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default In Line Oxygen / CO2 Injection

I recently put together an in-line Oxygen/CO2 Injection device together and thought I would share it. Im trying to emulate how larger breweries control and simplify their processes. I gathered some tri-clamp pieces and purchased a 6 X 2 micron diffusing stone with 1 tri-clamp. I connected a female quick disconnect on a swivel to the FNPT connection on the diffusing stone. I placed it in a 1 tri-clover T, put a 1 sight glass and 1 tri-clamp - CamLok quick connects on the In/Out.

Here is a video to show how it goes together and functions.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #2
MaxOut
Recipes 

Im combining this device with a filter, Chugger pump and plate chiller on a hand cart to serve multiple uses. I added a three way valve to keep it simple with fewer hose changes. Ill Share this when its complete.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #3
DrPhilGood
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Hey I am interested in this build. Do you have an updated parts list? The diffusion piece is a bit expensive, could you have other options? Do you have issues OVER-aerating?

Old 03-14-2013, 09:46 AM   #4
MaxOut
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhilGood
Hey I am interested in this build. Do you have an updated parts list? The diffusion piece is a bit expensive, could you have other options? Do you have issues OVER-aerating?
Check out this thread - http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/maxo...5/index31.html

The original piece evolved into a brewers cart. 15 min from end of boil I roll the cart between my BK and fermenter and it handles the cool, aeration and knock out. I have no problems with over aerating. I use a med grade regulator and flow meter and aerate the entire transfer at 1.5ppm on the flow meter. Last brew I put the yeast in the filter and when I was near the middle of the transfer I turn the three way valve to include the filter an the cooled wort is pumped through the filter and inoculates the batch. Worked awesome! I have not put a complete parts list together but there is a bunch of close up pictures in the thread. If you have any specifics I will be glad to break it down for you.