Evansville? - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes Homebrew Forum > Evansville?

Old 12-11-2012, 01:18 AM   #1
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Isle of Staten
Liked 855 Times on 626 Posts

What can you guys tell me about Evansville? I'm planning a solo cross-country drive (well, me and my dog) and I have decided to spend a night in Evansville because 13 hours is a good clip for one day and the hotels there are crazy cheap and a lot accept dogs.

Do I have anything to worry about crime wise?

And of course... How's Turonis?

Old 12-17-2012, 10:13 AM   #2
Hoosier-Brewer

Recipes 

Feb 2011
East of Indy, Indiana
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Get to Turonis, http://www.turonis.com/
I hear the pizza is good and I know the beer is great. My favorite being the Blued Eyed Moose IPA and Thunderbolt. Cheap and decent hotel is The Drury INN, you get a couple of free drinks before 7pm I think. Don't know about crime, but I'm always carrying where I'm legal. There is a new brewery there as well, The Tin Man I think, but I haven't tried them yet.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #3
MathiasMicrobrew
Recipes 

Oct 2012
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I stopped in for lunch at Tin Man last Saturday and their beer wasn't too bad. Nothing to write home about but I was quite pleased with their Irish Red. I definitely suggest Turoni's. They have a pretty good selection of different styles that they brew up and I haven't been disappointed yet.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #4
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Isle of Staten
Liked 855 Times on 626 Posts

Plans actually changed. I'm driving straight through from here to Mt. Vernon, IL instead because it is almost exactly the half-way point.