LowRYEder Clone help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjramm

Reaction score
Anyone have ingredients or instructions for a extract brew. This stuff is awesome btw.

This is from their website. No idea how to translate it though.

""A flame throwin’ Rye IPA ignited by a 25% shot of rye malt and capped by a booty hoppin’ blast of Mt Hood and Centennial hops that makes this IPA bounce!
Bronze medal winner at the Great American Beer Festival.

Grains: 2 Row, Rye Malt, CaraRye, Rye Flakes, Munich
Hops: Columbus, Mt Hood, Centennial
Dry Hop: Centennial, Mt Hood
ABV: 6.2%
IBUs: 45
Newest addition to the lip smackin’ lineup of year round beers. Available in 6 packs and on draft.
check out the video from our LowRYEder launch party and lowrider car show at the brewery"

I am playing with the all-grain version now but am not sure how close it will translate b/c rye has to be mashed, if I am not mistaken.

9 lbs 2 row
2 lbs munich
1.5 lbs flaked rye
1 lbs rye malt
1 lbs cara rye

Beersmith shows you can do the following conversion:
7 lbs pale extract
3 munich extract
1 lb munich
1 lb 2-row
Then steep the rest of the specialty grains like you normally would.

My hop additions are as follows:
.5 oz Columbus (CTZ) 60 minutes
2 oz Mt Hood 15 minutes
2 oz Centennial 5 minutes
Dry hop with an oz of Centennial and Mt Hood

Mind you I am no expert and have not brewed this beer yet, but this is how I am leaning in my recipe formulation after tasting several and checking out the SW web site.

Sorry to dig up an old thread. How did your clone turn out? I'm gonna try to clone this one too as I love this beer.

Back