I am the President of the Malt Munching Mash Monsters in Shreveport-Bossier City, Louisiana
We charge members $10 a year, or $15 if they want to include their spouse. For that they get a membership card and also get the right to enter our annual member only club comp.
We save most of our money, we are growing fast and soon we will need to rent a meeting room. But we do spend money on our annual comp,
- supplies for a few of the festivals we attend and serve at (beer pitchers, lables, signs, etc.)
- Club Comp (update our trophy, bread, cups)
- Advertising (cards signs, banners)
- Web site/ forum (www.maltmunchingmashmonsters.com
- Learn to homebrew day (snacks, beer kit, supplies)
- Big Brew (beer kit)
We generaly do tastings at the meetings, but those supplies are donated. I also agree that a good set of by-laws are needed. Also a good trustworthy Treasurer.
Feel free to email me if you need any additional info/ insights