Good thing she's good lookin' - Page 4 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Good thing she's good lookin'

Old 08-29-2007, 03:51 AM   #31
Thalon

Recipes 

May 2007
St. Louis Park, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwj
As funny as that is, I'm guessing she just choked. How many of you have ever had to go on stage and answer a random question in front of television cameras and a live audience? I've had to do it in front of crowds not nearly as large as that and I know it's not easy. It's REALLY easy to draw a blank in that type of situation.
I think rdwj is spot on. If you take this to the extreme you'll discover that a few people are so scared ****less when they sky dive that they actually FORGET to pull their ripcords and fall to their death. Of course any of us in our right minds laugh at such a ridiculous scenario. Come on, how simple is that? But when the mind is in such a stressful state it doesn't think logically.

I know this to be true from my handgun self defense courses as well. I have never personally been in a life-or-death situation, but the teacher of one course relayed his first time in such a situation. He said he flopped on the floor and wailed like a little baby even though he had a gun in the holster on his hip and could've easily taken out the robber in the convenience store.

Of course being asked this question isn't life-or-death; I realize I am talking about extreme examples. But I would venture to say that the fear of embarrassment that she experienced could have produced a similar state of mind.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:27 PM   #32
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Liked 140 Times on 114 Posts

Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter