Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Are you the Black Sheep of your neighborhood?

Old 01-20-2013, 02:13 PM   #141
twalte
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 38

My status as the Black Sheep isn't just beer related. We live in an area where many people put on airs and I really don't care to play "keep up with the Jones"

-I cut my own grass and trim my own trees (everyone else uses gardeners)
-I own a motorcycle (unfair stereotyping)
-We drive 13+ year old vehicles (that run perfectly, depreciate very little and are in our garage every night)
-And now...I brew (and drink) in my garage

I keep my house up very nicely, so I am not that nightmare neighbor. However, I don't spend money on things that aren't important to me (brewing is important)

Old 01-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #142
Leadgolem
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 966 Times on 740 Posts
Likes Given: 1763

Quote:
Originally Posted by twalte View Post
My status as the Black Sheep isn't just beer related. We live in an area where many people put on airs and I really don't care to play "keep up with the Jones"

-I cut my own grass and trim my own trees (everyone else uses gardeners)
-I own a motorcycle (unfair stereotyping)
-We drive 13+ year old vehicles (that run perfectly, depreciate very little and are in our garage every night)
-And now...I brew (and drink) in my garage

I keep my house up very nicely, so I am not that nightmare neighbor. However, I don't spend money on things that aren't important to me (brewing is important)

Old 01-20-2013, 03:45 PM   #143
twalte
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadgolem View Post
I have a lot of respect for Coolidge's work ethic, so I take that as a compliment.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:09 PM   #144
Rbeckett
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 70 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Oh yeah!!! My tower looks like a meth cooker and I smoke food, keep different live animals and work in a closed shop nobody can see into. The dirt bikes, 4 wheelers and other adult toys all come out and we hang around the bonfire, cook chicken and throw the bones back in the fire. All of our neighbors want a city yard in the country, we left the woods and planted a wildflower meadow for the critters to hide and eat in. Fuffff em, I was here first so I will keep my MX track and toys, you don't like it? Then you MOVE!!!
Wheelchair Bob
Dynachrome Likes This 
Old 01-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #145
lstewartff
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeckett View Post
oh yeah!!! My tower looks like a meth cooker and i smoke food, keep different live animals and work in a closed shop nobody can see into. The dirt bikes, 4 wheelers and other adult toys all come out and we hang around the bonfire, cook chicken and throw the bones back in the fire. All of our neighbors want a city yard in the country, we left the woods and planted a wildflower meadow for the critters to hide and eat in. Fuffff em, i was here first so i will keep my mx track and toys, you don't like it? Then you move!!!
Wheelchair bob
a++++++

Old 01-20-2013, 06:34 PM   #146
twalte
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstewartff View Post
a++++++
Sounds like a good time!!!

Old 01-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #147
Leadgolem
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 966 Times on 740 Posts
Likes Given: 1763

Quote:
Originally Posted by twalte View Post
I have a lot of respect for Coolidge's work ethic, so I take that as a compliment.
As you should. I was tipping my hat to you sir.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #148
MaddBaggins
I feel Hoppy!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 202 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 223

1/2 of my neighbors can't stay away when I open the garage. The other 1/2 walk by and look but never say more than hello. After helping me brew for a while, the sheriff across the street now has 4 taps and a cold room on his back patio.

When neighbors do stop by, it's always "wow! you make your own beer?!" "wow, you have chickens?!" "Oooh, I love your garden!"

Old 01-20-2013, 09:09 PM   #149
DrunkleJon
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1879 Times on 1335 Posts
Likes Given: 912

I wish my neighbors homebrewed too. Maybe I can get them doing it. A lot of retirees and such though so the early 30's whippersnapper may not be that effective. An to top it off I am wishing my garage pointed towards the street rather that opens out of the back of my house at the bottom of a hill.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #150
IanJ
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 110

Even in my urban neighborhood, people give me the stink-eye when I say I brew beer. It's really not that strange. Come on now... maybe it's because I look 18 to them.