• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sanke's for sale- willing to ship, Asheville NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pogopunx82

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to buy 30+ kegs(15.5)(already have bought a few) from a brewery here. Each one is in pretty good condition with no major dents. They want $30 each. They still hold pressure and can be used for nice keggles too. Bad thing is soon they will be going to a scrape yard and it would be horrible to see them go to waste. I'd like to help some people out if they pay $35 for the keg plus the shipping.

If anyone is interested give me a heads up. I have never shipped a keg before but am willing to ship them if need be. If not I'm local to the Asheville NC area and can arrange a pick-up.

Here a pic of what a couple look like

20121208_195740.jpg

Spargster, I guessed the weight of the keg at around 30-35 pounds through UPS and they gave me a $25-28 rate. Do you know of a better way to ship this. I can most likely pick these kegs up in the next couple days. I want to make sure if I buy a bunch (or just a few) I can get rid of them.

I know one of the kegs I bought was shipped through USPS and it was a lot cheaper than ups. I'd be interested in 1-2 depending on what shipping may be to 84092.

How was that shipped? USPS gave me crazy prices. Maybe because of christmas.I'll have to get one of these kegs weighed monday as I have no scale this big at home. I'll most likely be able to pick up the kegs monday/tuesday.

How much for shipping to 05068? If I can afford the shipping then put me down for one.

Great, since they are wanted i'll try to snatch the whole lot. As for the rates/quotes i'll started giving them when I get these kegs.

Hello stainless fermenters! Two please, can pick up.

I'm local and would probably grab 2 from you. Would you be able to meet downtown Asheville sometime in the next 2 weeks?

Pogopunx82 said:
How was that shipped? USPS gave me crazy prices. Maybe because of christmas.I'll have to get one of these kegs weighed monday as I have no scale this big at home. I'll most likely be able to pick up the kegs monday/tuesday.

Send it parcel post they always quote priority mail.

I just quoted it to here (04664), usps parcel $22, ups ground $42. I will take 2 if you can ship usps, let me know, thanks. for anyone that wants to know dimensions are 24x17x17 and roughly 30lbs from what I can find out

I would love to have one to 26003. Looks like parcel postage is about $20. Thanks for posting

I should know by tuesday if I can buy all of them.

If and when I get them I will start sending pm's for payment/shipping info in the order people posted.

I would like to have one and will be thru Asheville on New Year's Eve.

I would be interested in 3 to 77030. If they have quite a few more, I have friends that might be interested in a lot!

How are you shipping them so cheap???

Even USPS Parcel Post charges a balloon rate for any box with a measurement over 12" and when I tried to ship a keg it was $90 via USPS due to the "dimensional weight."

UPS wanted ~$40 each to ship because of the size NOT the weight.

Back