Great news we are no longer just hobbists - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Great news we are no longer just hobbists

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #1
Fletcher21
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Oregon City, Oregon
Posts: 142
Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts



Based on the article below we have all been upgraded from hobbyists to pharmaceutical engineers. Congrats all...

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/1...est=latestnews

revkip Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:49 PM   #2
blh3d
Recipes 
 
Oct 2012
Posts: 57
Liked 21 Times on 13 Posts


So the article states you would need around 30 cans of beer to get the positive effects along with a picture of BMC. Is it safe to assume that about three or four good IPAs would do the trick?

2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #3
Fletcher21
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Oregon City, Oregon
Posts: 142
Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by blh3d
So the article states you would need around 30 cans of beer to get the positive effects along with a picture of BMC. Is it safe to assume that about three or four good IPAs would do the trick?
That's what I figure. I'm a west coaster so in my opinion if it tastes really hoppy.... Then add a little more. I mean come on it is for health purposes here.

Cheapo Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #4
tservice
Recipes 
 
Oct 2012
Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 88
Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts


I think I feel a cold coming on.

3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #5
gcdowd
 
gcdowd's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2011
Baldwinsville, NY
Posts: 1,877
Liked 201 Times on 151 Posts


No wonder I never get colds
__________________
God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world.

2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #6
mikeh80
Recipes 
 
Dec 2012
Posts: 112
Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher21 View Post
Based on the article below we have all been upgraded from hobbyists to pharmaceutical engineers. Congrats all...

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/1...est=latestnews

"The amount of humulone in beer is so small that a person would have to drink 12 ounces or about 30 cans of beer in order to get its protective effect." Hmmm. Wonder how many cans the author consumed before writing this article...

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #7
gcdowd
 
gcdowd's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2011
Baldwinsville, NY
Posts: 1,877
Liked 201 Times on 151 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeh80 View Post

"The amount of humulone in beer is so small that a person would have to drink 12 ounces – or about 30 cans – of beer in order to get its protective effect." Hmmm. Wonder how many cans the author consumed before writing this article...
Yeah I saw that, I think they meant 12 ounces of humulone
__________________
God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:58 PM   #8
kh54s10
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
kh54s10's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2011
Tiverton, Rhode Island
Posts: 11,420
Liked 1797 Times on 1472 Posts


Do I have to stop at 30 beers?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:58 PM   #9
Obliviousbrew
 
Obliviousbrew's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2012
Benidorm, Alicante/Spain
Posts: 1,567
Liked 230 Times on 161 Posts


I read hobbits instead of hobbists I was thinking when I had become a hobbit and when I stoped being one.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:58 PM   #10
thughes
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
Jan 2010
Rochester
Posts: 701
Liked 52 Times on 49 Posts


IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPA's FTW!
__________________
nurture my pig

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Great news! brewser7 General Beer Discussion 2 07-20-2012 01:14 AM
Good news and GREAT news! ajbram General Beer Discussion 12 01-29-2012 04:35 PM
Great news everyone! Tenchiro Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 8 08-10-2009 12:36 PM
Great news from Down Under EdWort General Chit Chat 82 07-21-2008 09:39 PM
Great News beeraggie General Chit Chat 4 04-09-2008 05:04 AM


Forum Jump