Virginia Homebrew Festival - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East Homebrew Forum > Virginia Homebrew Festival

Old 12-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #1
Aunt_Ester
Recipes 

Jul 2011
Charlottesville, Virginia
Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts

So I was at my LHBS and I noticed their franchise was sponsoring a homebrew festival in Chapel Hill, NC and inviting homebrewers to donate and serve beer to the public in return to enter a homebrew competition and free entry. The public was paying ~20 a ticket and received a number of tastes and a chance to vote to nominate and vote for the best beers. There was also a raffle. http://homebrewforhunger.com/

I'm bringing this to light because I'm curious if anyone knows where to look up legislation or who to write to ask about putting on such a production. My first guess would be to put in a call to an ABC agent. Any ideas? I think an annual event like this would receive a lot of support here in VA.

Old 03-19-2013, 02:19 AM   #2
nosnhojm20
Recipes 

Dec 2012
Lynchburg, Virginia
Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

This is brilliant. Have you heard anything?

Old 10-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #3
bobeer
Recipes 

Feb 2012
Round Hill, VA
Liked 265 Times on 219 Posts

Yes, very cool. Do you have a link to the one in NC? I think if VA did something like this it would be a big success.
On Tap: IryePA 4.0, AmberHop ale-session version
Bottled: Bourbon Bbl Po' Boy Stout, Bourbon Oak Brolic Strong ale

HopHead_32 Likes This 
Old 08-20-2014, 12:28 AM   #4
BradTheGeek
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Aug 2013
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I just posted about this. It is Homebrew for Hunger. All proceeds to a local foodbank. Fifth Season (gardening and LHBS) in Chapel Hill NC and Charlottesville VA put it on. Dates just announced. Cville last year was great, will be there again this year, with more brews!
Plans: Belgian Dark/Quad

Old 08-20-2014, 12:41 AM   #5
GrogNerd
mean old man
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2012
Sterling, VA
Liked 1893 Times on 1200 Posts

"Their name is 'Geernt'? That sounds like a queef on a yoga ball" - Kate Ellis (Tina Fey), Sisters

"Beer. Good." - Words of House Grog

drinking: Otto M. Gourd Pumpkin Barleywine, Jewel Thieves Apple Wine, Fresh Squee Zed IPA - bottle conditioning: LoCo Foot Barleywine - fermenting: apple wine, Skeeter Pee, Basque cider - on deck: Grodziskie - in the hole: Vienna lager