Married not even a half-year... - Page 6 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Married not even a half-year...

Old 12-28-2012, 04:23 AM   #51
lumpher
Recipes 

Jul 2009
texas
Liked 265 Times on 226 Posts

i've worn mine for almost 14 years, and it's gold with 5 diamonds inlaid ( i wanted simple gold, but she wouldn't hear it ) . still in 1 piece

Old 01-30-2013, 04:50 PM   #52
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2133 Times on 1409 Posts

Ok this frigging ring...

The other day I am going around the house, doing household stuff like taking out the garbage, and realize my ring isnt on my hand. The damn thing is too big to begin with, and now that its cold out my fingers are shrinking a bit.

Look everywhere... nothing.

Go back outside, bring the garbage back in, sort through the garbage elbow deep in crap... nothing. Wife gets home, and I come clean, I lost my ring.

She finds it 10 minutes later on my computer chair.

Arg.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 01-30-2013, 05:06 PM   #53
IXVolt
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2009
Southern Oregon
Liked 79 Times on 54 Posts

When working outside in the cold, I used to loose my old ring in gloves all the time. I would pull my glove off and the ring would slide right off inside the glove.

typical woman, finding something in 10 minutes that I've spent hours looking for, then she has the audacity to say, "Oh look... it's RIGHT HERE".

Old 01-30-2013, 06:27 PM   #54
JonM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2010
Milwaukee
Liked 2718 Times on 1596 Posts

When I go to the Y, I undo two eyelets of laces on a shoe and tie my ring into the shoelaces - all so that the knurled steel barbells don't mess it up. Then I forget to put it back on and freak out because I can't find it.

CreamyGoodness Likes This 
Old 01-30-2013, 06:36 PM   #55
HawksBrewer

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Chicago, IL
Liked 1056 Times on 972 Posts

I've had my tungsten carbide ring for almost two years now w/ no problems at all. Love the look and feel of it.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:15 PM   #56
fuzzy2133
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2012
Morgan Hill, CA
Liked 402 Times on 311 Posts

I should have seen the warning signs. The next week after this thread started I lost my wedding ring. Some where between taking it off, putting it in my pocket to bottle apple cider and getting to my parents for dinner it went MIA. Luckily I followed my dad advice; get insurance on my wifes jewelry and my ring for lost/stolen coverage in addition to the homeowners policy.

The apple cider tastes like crap but we are in the processed of getting my replacement ring.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #57
WesleyS
Recipes 

May 2012
Liked 4216 Times on 2789 Posts

I actually spend a lot of time with my ring off. I don't wear it while working and usually not when I'm just around the house. Also, like creamy, it slips off easy this time of year when it's cold. What helps to not lose it (same goes for keys) is always put it in the same place every time I take it off. And never put it in my pocket. I've managed to go almost nine years without damaging or losing it.
Now that I'm typing this I'm thinking I'll probably lose it now.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:37 PM   #58
Whattawort

Recipes 

Aug 2012
East Bumfark, Yonder
Liked 101 Times on 85 Posts

+1 for white gold. I can scrape it and ding it up and it'll polish out like new. That said, I've lost at least 65lbs since I got married nearly 9yrs ago and the damned thing won't stay on my finger. I've lost it at least 4 times in as many months. Once was in a pile of leaves about 2 feet deep but I somehow managed to find it. Took it to a jeweler a while back, and for him to re size it as much as it needs it would cost almost as much as a new ring. It's a low profile ring, so there isn't a lot to it. Guess I'll be dealing with it as is for a little longer.

“For a quart of Ale is a dish for a king.”
― William Shakespeare

Old 01-30-2013, 07:44 PM   #59
The_Dog_42
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Austin, Tx
Liked 77 Times on 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyS View Post
I actually spend a lot of time with my ring off. I don't wear it while working and usually not when I'm just around the house. Also, like creamy, it slips off easy this time of year when it's cold. What helps to not lose it (same goes for keys) is always put it in the same place every time I take it off. And never put it in my pocket. I've managed to go almost nine years without damaging or losing it.
Now that I'm typing this I'm thinking I'll probably lose it now.
I had a pretty typical story. I coach at a strength and conditioning gym on the side and found myself taking my ring off almost every day. (I wouldn't wear it at the gym because the bars would cause it to pinch my skin and rip off my calluses.) Last year for Christmas, the wife surprised me with a trip to the tattoo artist (my first and only) and now I don't have to take it off or resize it!
My 10 yr old chocolate lab Guinness :D thinks her name is goddammit dog or fu@%in' puppy...I think if she were registerable :drunk: her full name would Goddammit Guinness Stop It...Go Away!!! And we Love her dearly :)
My Keg-O-Vision (Kegerator) Build

My Butcherblock-esque Fermentation Chamber

Old 01-30-2013, 08:23 PM   #60
stamandster
Recipes 

Jun 2011
springfield, ma
Liked 53 Times on 44 Posts

Married 10 years Feb 15th and haven't lost it once. Yellow 24k, standard stuff. But wide band.