quick question on mini-fridge temp control for kegerator - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators & Keezers > quick question on mini-fridge temp control for kegerator

Old 12-03-2012, 04:18 AM   #1
Kershner_Ale
Recipes 

Nov 2008
Montana
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I'm converting a 4.4 cubic foot Kenmore into a 2 keg kegerator with tower for a co-worker. This fridge has a small freezer compartment in the top. Rather than risk kinking the freezer coil but bending the freezer compartment downward to make room for the kegs, I just angled the front end up the compartment up towards the top of the inside. Basically just making the freezer compartment half the size it use to be. I noticed when I plug the fridge in and put the thermostat on 1 (1 - 5 dial range with 1 being warmest setting) the internal temperature drops down to 31 F. Clearly too cold for kegerator temps. Is there a way to adjust the thermostat? Or would a piece of foam insulation between the upper freezer compartment and bottom fridge compartment help buffer freezer temps from making the fridge too cold?

Thanks for the help,

Jeff