So my kegerator finally died on my a couple weeks ago, and naturally it happened while my wife was in the hospital having a baby, which meant I came home to a freezer full of thawed meat
Anyway, I'm now weighing my options between tossing it or fixing it and am looking for opinions on what might need to be fixed.
- It's a Whirlpool Mark Series, I'm guessing about 20-30 years old.
- Neither the freezer or the fridge are cold.
- All fans that I could find are spinning(pulled the back out of the freezer and checked the fans underneath it by the ground).
- I can feel air moving in the freezer but it's not cold.
- Sound wise, it sounds exactly like it did when it was working.
- There is no clicking noise so I'm guessing it's not a compressor issue.
- I've cleaned all the dust/dog hair off of all the coils, though they really weren't too dirty to begin with.
Anyone have any ideas what might be wrong? Or should I just toss it and look for a freebie on craigslist.