Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Biased against Alumnium cans?

Old 12-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #1
bfinleyui
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Default Biased against Alumnium cans?

I'm relatively new (two batches brewed, one more on sunday, first one is about a week away from tasting time), but I've spent a TON of time reading (my employer can tell you my productivity has gone through the floor at work), and for some reason, I've developed a bias against alumnium cans of LME.

My first two kits have used Briess LME, along with some DME of various brands. My third kit, brewing tomorrow, a Brewer's Best American Cream Ale, came with an alumnium can of Munton's. When I opened the box, and saw it was alumnium, my heart sank. Felt like I'd been cheated. Don't know why, maybe it's because of how old and busted the label design of a Munton's LME is, but it just seemed, cheap.

So my question is, is there a difference, assuming both are fresh, between LME in alumnium and LME in the plastic canister?

Conditioning:
On Deck: DIPA w/Heady Topper Yeast, Winter Warmer, Imperial Red

Old 12-01-2012, 06:07 PM   #2
ReverseApacheMaster
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 231 Times on 193 Posts

As long as they are both fresh, no.