Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Bad beer?

Old 11-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
okcnyyfan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Bad beer?

My previous kegerator died back in the spring and I just recently replaced it. I had a brand new keg of beer in it when it died and it sat in the garage all summer. I opened the keg today and was going to dump it but when I cracked it open I didn't appear to have been contaminated and no odd orders. It was still carbonated. I'm wondering if it should still be good since it sat in the heat all summer.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #2
daksin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 307 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 338

You probably lost some hoppiness but as long as your sanitation was good, it should be perfectly fine!

twitter.com/2kidsbrewing .. facebook.com/2kidsbrewing .. 2kidsbrewing.com

Old 11-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
JonGrafto
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 136 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Chill it and tap it... What's the worse that could happen. You drink some beer?
It isnt going to hurt you....