FEELER: 10G Blichman Boilermaker - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > For Sale > FEELER: 10G Blichman Boilermaker

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2012, 06:21 PM   #21
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Golddiggie's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2010
Posts: 11,995
iTrader: (1)
Liked 492 Times on 428 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Antler View Post
I'm not sure what shipping will be but it will be a fair chunk.
Box dimensions and weight are critical bits of info... It's also easier for the sender to figure out shipping costs than someone getting the package (has to do the reverse path, like I did). Going to other countries is typically rather expensive, and can take more time. Since most places have Blichmann BoilerMakers ship for free, it would be cheaper to get it direct, or from a vendor/reseller that offers the free shipping. I just checked and Rebel Brewer is still doing free shipping on the BoilerMaker kettles. So, for <$30 more than you wanted, he can get one to his door. Unless the shipping cost of yours will be less than the difference, it just doesn't make sense to do it (ship international).

Hopefully you can sell it to someone in your country/area. Or where shipping won't be a total grape.
__________________
Hopping Tango Brewery

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:22 PM   #22
Markd27
 
Markd27's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Allen, Tx
Posts: 468
iTrader: (1)
Liked 48 Times on 32 Posts


See post #3.

Problem is, OP posted this to a forum where the vast majority of it's members can get this brand new for less than asking price, considerably less. The first post should have mentioned something about being located outside of the US, to avoid some confusion. If you have any hope of selling this to someone in the US, then you need to come WAY down on your price. Probably to about $250 if you then expect the buyer to cover the shipping.

Golddiggie Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #23
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Golddiggie's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2010
Posts: 11,995
iTrader: (1)
Liked 492 Times on 428 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Markd27 View Post
See post #3.

Problem is, OP posted this to a forum where the vast majority of it's members can get this brand new for less than asking price, considerably less. The first post should have mentioned something about being located outside of the US, to avoid some confusion. If you have any hope of selling this to someone in the US, then you need to come WAY down on your price. Probably to about $250 if you then expect the buyer to cover the shipping.
Or figure out a way to get it shipped to the US for the total cost being below what they are available to us for new. Since you can get a brand new one, to your door (in the US) for under $330...

If the OP can't sell it to someone where shipping won't be so costly, then the price could be ok. Otherwise, I'd suggest just keeping it for now. If there's a homebrew club in the OP's area, perhaps joining to network with other brewers would be a good idea. Then see if any of them are interested in it, or know others that are interested in it. Worst case, put it up on ebay. But, you'll come up against the same issue, unless you sell it outside of the US.
__________________
Hopping Tango Brewery

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:31 PM   #24
Antler
Recipes 
 
Mar 2011
Carbonear, Nl
Posts: 711
iTrader: (0)
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddiggie

Or figure out a way to get it shipped to the US for the total cost being below what they are available to us for new. Since you can get a brand new one, to your door (in the US) for under $330...

If the OP can't sell it to someone where shipping won't be so costly, then the price could be ok. Otherwise, I'd suggest just keeping it for now. If there's a homebrew club in the OP's area, perhaps joining to network with other brewers would be a good idea. Then see if any of them are interested in it, or know others that are interested in it. Worst case, put it up on ebay. But, you'll come up against the same issue, unless you sell it outside of the US.
I understand all this, but that doesn't mean I'm going to put it in the attic and forget about it. It might be hard to sell, but I have a right to try. Anyone not interested in the kettle should not be posting.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:34 PM   #25
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Golddiggie's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2010
Posts: 11,995
iTrader: (1)
Liked 492 Times on 428 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Antler View Post
I understand all this, but that doesn't mean I'm going to put it in the attic and forget about it. It might be hard to sell, but I have a right to try. Anyone not interested in the kettle should not be posting.
Make a new thread then... Instead of a 'Feeler' make it 'for sale'... I'm not saying to NOT sell it, I'm just saying that IF you want to sell to someone in the US you're going to have to do better than making them pay MORE than they can get it brand new.

Out.
__________________
Hopping Tango Brewery

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:16 PM   #26
eksf26
Recipes 
 
Dec 2012
Posts: 34
iTrader: (0)
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Antler

You can buy it from me for $300 and pay your own shipping.
With that attitude it will never sell.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #27
govner1
Kept Man!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
govner1's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,528
iTrader: (2)
Liked 392 Times on 330 Posts


Gee! I just went to my LHBS & bought one for $300 total, delivered!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:12 PM   #28
Antler
Recipes 
 
Mar 2011
Carbonear, Nl
Posts: 711
iTrader: (0)
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddiggie

From what I was able to see (couldn't enter the info to go from Carbonear, Nl to the states, had to go the other way) shipping is going to be murder to get it to the US.
How much did it say?

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
craigslist add feeler jakedasnake For Sale 14 05-23-2012 10:46 PM
Feeler - 10 gal Boilermaker HokieBrewer For Sale 14 04-05-2012 07:35 PM
Blichman Boilermaker bbrim Equipment/Sanitation 1 10-03-2011 01:37 PM
Blichman Boilermaker Bluedog Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 3 05-29-2011 07:07 PM
keg feeler techrunner For Sale 39 02-24-2010 08:02 PM


Forum Jump