Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > Keezer/ tap wall setup?!

Old 01-14-2013, 12:03 AM   #11
jaynik
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 1

So, what's up with this now? How's progress?

Old 01-14-2013, 12:09 AM   #12
RSNovi
Recipes 

I have a similar setup with about a 3' line. I am not able to keep the beer lines or the taps cold circulating air through PVC with a fan.

First half pint is foam then fine after that. Wait 10 minutes and the foam returns.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #13
kranak
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 2 Posts

I haven't gotten to this part of my project yet. I just buttoned up all my electrical and home theater, and close to being done with plumbing. I'll get my in wall parts of the keezer done next, then Sheetrock. I glad to read the last post about the foam after ten minutes. I will keep looking into the multi lines with coolant. I think for the extra cost the long term will be much better. Might be an extra month or two of money funneling but that's part of the fun.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #14
borto1990
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I was just thinking up something like this today.. trying to keep the freezer outside, but the taps inside. I was going to cut a hole though the wall and make an insulated run going straight to the collar. it would be less than 4 feet to taps. could make the hole as big as I wanted as long as it fit between the studs. then blow cool air though there with the help of a fan inside the freezer. inside the house I"d trim it out with wood, but make it removable, but the channel will be big enough to were I could pull lines out if I need to without removal. do you think additional line cooling would be needed?

Old 02-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #15
RSNovi
Recipes 

I have a 3 foot run using 3" PVC wrapped in insulation. I have two beer lines running through the PVC and circulate cold air with a computer fan. It is not enough to eliminate foam on the first pour. The faucets stay at room temp. I usually pour about a half pint of foam and dump it out. Consecutive pours are fine. Wait 10 minutes and the foam returns.

I would like something that worked better than this. Also I can't fit two 1/6 barrels in my fridge so I am only able to use 1 tap.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:26 AM   #16
borto1990
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

That's a bummer to hear. I'm thinking more like 8 taps. But also more like a 8 or 10" insulated PVC run to allow plenty of flow. I'll need to figure something out though.. I had to do a lot of sucking up to talk my bride into letting me have 8 taps in her kitchen!! I refuse to go back down stairs!!!

Old 02-07-2013, 01:55 AM   #17
cpl-america
Recipes 

Liked 61 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 40

You could always get some copper tube and do some sort of jockey box type setup.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #18
rgauthier20420
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 68 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 61

Any news on this project? Pics? I'm planning a similar build and would love to see some pictures of this.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:59 PM   #19
worxman02
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm surprised you guys are having so many foaming issues with short runs and circulating the air with fans. I have about a 2ft run with 2 lines inside a 1 1/2" PVC conduit with a fan pushing air through the conduit containing the lines. The lines/conduit goes into a relatively highly insulated (R-12) box inside the stud cavity to the taps that come through the wall. I also have a pvc conduit with a fan pulling air from inside the insulated box back into the keezer. I don't really get any extra foam on the first pour and the next pour is perfect.
Kegged: Scottish Pale Ale (Scottish 80/- with added Hop Tea.
Bottled:Pumpkin Ale & Mcquaker's Chocolate Oatmeal Stout
Drinking: Above & HUB IPA & Dechutes Black Butte Porter

Old 03-28-2013, 12:10 PM   #20
Walking_Target
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 4

For soda, make sure you're buying Bevlex line. The stuff seems to be industry-standard; very high quality dual-durometer line.

Stainless-steel faucets will be fine for soda too. Soda isn't acidic enough to corrode a perlick or even a standard faucet. Perlicks would be highly recommended though, just to avoid faucet stick.

A very easy way to distinguish soda taps from beer taps would be to make taphandles out of old action figures

Kegged - Modified Bee Cave IPA, Calypso Pale

Bottled - Brown ale, Pomegranate Mead, Orange Apfelwein