Keezer/ tap wall setup?! - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators & Keezers > Keezer/ tap wall setup?!

Old 01-14-2013, 12:03 AM   #11
jaynik
Recipes 

Feb 2009
Arnold, Maryland
Liked 31 Times on 15 Posts

So, what's up with this now? How's progress?

Old 01-14-2013, 12:09 AM   #12
RSNovi
Recipes 

Nov 2011
Grass Lake, MI

I have a similar setup with about a 3' line. I am not able to keep the beer lines or the taps cold circulating air through PVC with a fan.

First half pint is foam then fine after that. Wait 10 minutes and the foam returns.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #13
kranak
Recipes 

Sep 2010
Cleburne, TX
Liked 7 Times on 2 Posts

I haven't gotten to this part of my project yet. I just buttoned up all my electrical and home theater, and close to being done with plumbing. I'll get my in wall parts of the keezer done next, then Sheetrock. I glad to read the last post about the foam after ten minutes. I will keep looking into the multi lines with coolant. I think for the extra cost the long term will be much better. Might be an extra month or two of money funneling but that's part of the fun.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #14
borto1990
Recipes 

Sep 2011
grand rapids, mi
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I was just thinking up something like this today.. trying to keep the freezer outside, but the taps inside. I was going to cut a hole though the wall and make an insulated run going straight to the collar. it would be less than 4 feet to taps. could make the hole as big as I wanted as long as it fit between the studs. then blow cool air though there with the help of a fan inside the freezer. inside the house I"d trim it out with wood, but make it removable, but the channel will be big enough to were I could pull lines out if I need to without removal. do you think additional line cooling would be needed?

Old 02-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #15
RSNovi
Recipes 

Nov 2011
Grass Lake, MI

I have a 3 foot run using 3" PVC wrapped in insulation. I have two beer lines running through the PVC and circulate cold air with a computer fan. It is not enough to eliminate foam on the first pour. The faucets stay at room temp. I usually pour about a half pint of foam and dump it out. Consecutive pours are fine. Wait 10 minutes and the foam returns.

I would like something that worked better than this. Also I can't fit two 1/6 barrels in my fridge so I am only able to use 1 tap.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:26 AM   #16
borto1990
Recipes 

Sep 2011
grand rapids, mi
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

That's a bummer to hear. I'm thinking more like 8 taps. But also more like a 8 or 10" insulated PVC run to allow plenty of flow. I'll need to figure something out though.. I had to do a lot of sucking up to talk my bride into letting me have 8 taps in her kitchen!! I refuse to go back down stairs!!!

Old 02-07-2013, 01:55 AM   #17
cpl-america

Recipes 

Dec 2012
Brandon, suffolk, uk
Liked 61 Times on 50 Posts

You could always get some copper tube and do some sort of jockey box type setup.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #18
rgauthier20420
Recipes 

Sep 2012
Liked 69 Times on 57 Posts

Any news on this project? Pics? I'm planning a similar build and would love to see some pictures of this.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:59 PM   #19
worxman02
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Jan 2007
Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts

I'm surprised you guys are having so many foaming issues with short runs and circulating the air with fans. I have about a 2ft run with 2 lines inside a 1 1/2" PVC conduit with a fan pushing air through the conduit containing the lines. The lines/conduit goes into a relatively highly insulated (R-12) box inside the stud cavity to the taps that come through the wall. I also have a pvc conduit with a fan pulling air from inside the insulated box back into the keezer. I don't really get any extra foam on the first pour and the next pour is perfect.
Kegged: Scottish Pale Ale (Scottish 80/- with added Hop Tea.
Bottled:Pumpkin Ale & Mcquaker's Chocolate Oatmeal Stout
Drinking: Above & HUB IPA & Dechutes Black Butte Porter

Old 03-28-2013, 12:10 PM   #20
Walking_Target
Recipes 

Sep 2011
Peterborough, ON
Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

For soda, make sure you're buying Bevlex line. The stuff seems to be industry-standard; very high quality dual-durometer line.

Stainless-steel faucets will be fine for soda too. Soda isn't acidic enough to corrode a perlick or even a standard faucet. Perlicks would be highly recommended though, just to avoid faucet stick.

A very easy way to distinguish soda taps from beer taps would be to make taphandles out of old action figures

Kegged - Modified Bee Cave IPA, Calypso Pale

Bottled - Brown ale, Pomegranate Mead, Orange Apfelwein